• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Attention:Roland Strings ARE OUT OF STOCK

Share/Bookmark

Attention:Roland Strings ARE OUT OF STOCK

Hi Everyone,

I just happened to stumble upon an internet retailer that is blowing out the Roland String 2CD LCDX-04 for $80, and with free 2 day shipping.
    Out of respect for Papa Chalk and the crew, I\'m not going to post the retailer here, but I think it would be OK if anybody interested would send me a private message.

By the way, these will need to get converted using a sample translating program (Maybe Giga 3 will read them directly [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). Also, apparently they only ship within the U.S. (thanks for letting me know, Pro).

Take care,

Ruben

Re: Attention:Roland Strings ARE OUT OF STOCK

What is the Roland String Library? Will it work on GigaStudio?

clueless

Originally posted by clueless:
    What is the Roland String Library? Will it work on GigaStudio?

clueless
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi clueless,

You need to convert it with a 3rd party program (ChickenSys translator, for example), if I remember correctly.

Do a search on Roland Strings, and you will come up with plenty of comments. This is the library that Thomas used predominantly before getting his paws into VSL [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ruben

Didn\'t Roland use Advanced Orchestra for the LX strings?

Originally posted by MusicalCharities:
    Didn\'t Roland use Advanced Orchestra for the LX strings?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, I think I remember someone (I think it was Eric Persing) explaining how some of the recordings in the Roland volumes were from Peter Siedladzek, but how the quality of the processing and editing in the Roland version far exceeds that of the Advanced Orchestra library strings.

If I\'m wrong, let me know.

Thanks,

Ruben

Only to the US!!!??? TYPICAL!!! AHHH

Ed

I would love to get these! I\'m curious if anyone has any current audio demos or examples of someones music who used these.

I used to know of a japanese composer that used them extensively, but I can\'t seem to remember who it is.

Kitaro

I dont think there\'s ever been a conformation that the LCDX two disc string set has the same samples in the \"orchestra family\" discs (the one\'s that Thomas had/has I believe)

I keep hearing that there are different/less samples in the LCDX series (the \"lighter\" sample sets)

Does ANYONE have both?

Hi,

If you want some demos, there\'s three tracks for the LCDX-04 at:http://www.roland.co.uk/demos1.htm#LCDX04

Notice the demo for the LCDX-03 from Eric Persing!
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I honestly don\'t know if the LCDX has the same samples as the old LCDP libraries. It has come up a few times in the forum (just do a search), but noone could say either way. However, the LCDP series has been out of production for years, so the only way to legitimately get those sounds seems to be through the LCDX option.

Hi King! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Best Regards,

Ruben

Go Back to forum