• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Summit"

Share/Bookmark

"Summit"

Fellow Music Creators,

This is my "Summit".

All instruments are Garritan. Orchestra - GPO, Piano - Garritan Steinway Model D

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Summit"

Hi Larry,

I wanted to post a reply earlier, but I was interrupted by a website shutdown (?). So here I'm again.

I wanted to say that I particularly like your new post with that lovely opening fugato and the classical, almost baroque style. In the middle part, you transfer the orchestral sound to almost a 'pièce de salon', early 20th century, and ending with the fugato again. Wonderful!

A few remarks though. I've noticed that the piano (and the oboe) have another acoustic response (they seem very close and direct, could do with some more reverb perhaps). Further, there are quite some 'cracklings' in the trumpet, piano and timpani (recorded too loud?). They seem overpowered...

Thanks again for sharing another product of your fantastic imagination!

Max

Larry,

It sounds like Johann and Ludwig teamed up on this one.

It's pretty amazing how you can combine classical music genres as if they belonged together.

Classic Larry G. Alexander and great music!

I hope your over your totally over the flu and doing well.

Phil

Hi Larry -

In reading Phil's post, it seems that you might have suffered through the flu this year. This winter is seeing a rather nasty flu season. Lots of people, young and old, coming to our tiny hospital's ER. The more vulnerable are needing respiratory support, sometimes needing ventilatory support. I hope that you're feeling better and that all is relatively well with you.

Now, on to "business". . . Phil and Max have the music know-how to be able to describe the styles of music that you bring to this composition. I ain't that smart, unfortunately! LOL! But I do know what I like and I like this piece as I always like your compositions. I still marvel to how you seem to be able to compose so many pieces within a year. As Max pointed out, though, there seems to be some digital distortion. Even when I turn down the volume to my headphones, I still hear it. I don't remember how you compose and sequence your projects so I'm not able to help you with the "toning down the volume" thing. But from a pure compositional point of view, this is just great music. As you know, I enjoy contrapuntal stuff (of almost any style and time period). As experienced from your previous compositions that I've heard throughout the years, this is quite satisfying.

Looking forward to hearing more of your music (as I make more time to visit here). Take care and be well, Larry.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

I wanted to post a reply earlier, but I was interrupted by a website shutdown (?). So here I'm again.

I wanted to say that I particularly like your new post with that lovely opening fugato and the classical, almost baroque style. In the middle part, you transfer the orchestral sound to almost a 'pièce de salon', early 20th century, and ending with the fugato again. Wonderful!

A few remarks though. I've noticed that the piano (and the oboe) have another acoustic response (they seem very close and direct, could do with some more reverb perhaps). Further, there are quite some 'cracklings' in the trumpet, piano and timpani (recorded too loud?). They seem overpowered...

Thanks again for sharing another product of your fantastic imagination!

Max
    Thanks for your comments, Mister Max.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Larry,

It sounds like Johann and Ludwig teamed up on this one.

It's pretty amazing how you can combine classical music genres as if they belonged together.

Classic Larry G. Alexander and great music!

I hope your over your totally over the flu and doing well.

Phil
    My case of the influenza is still hanging onto me but I am feeling better. I appreciate your empathy.

Thanks for listening to my "Summit", Mister Phil.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Hi Larry -

In reading Phil's post, it seems that you might have suffered through the flu this year. This winter is seeing a rather nasty flu season. Lots of people, young and old, coming to our tiny hospital's ER. The more vulnerable are needing respiratory support, sometimes needing ventilatory support. I hope that you're feeling better and that all is relatively well with you.

Now, on to "business". . . Phil and Max have the music know-how to be able to describe the styles of music that you bring to this composition. I ain't that smart, unfortunately! LOL! But I do know what I like and I like this piece as I always like your compositions. I still marvel to how you seem to be able to compose so many pieces within a year. As Max pointed out, though, there seems to be some digital distortion. Even when I turn down the volume to my headphones, I still hear it. I don't remember how you compose and sequence your projects so I'm not able to help you with the "toning down the volume" thing. But from a pure compositional point of view, this is just great music. As you know, I enjoy contrapuntal stuff (of almost any style and time period). As experienced from your previous compositions that I've heard throughout the years, this is quite satisfying.

Looking forward to hearing more of your music (as I make more time to visit here). Take care and be well, Larry.

Ted
    Nurse,

I am having to use a friend's 'puter while my unit is still in "crash" condition.

I am recovering from a bad case of influenza, Mister Ted and things are looking up even at my advanced age.

Thanks, as always, for your input. I hope that you and your nurse/wife are both doing well.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Mister Larry!

My loving wife, "Nurse Amy" and I are doing well. (It's my parents' health that need my attention at this stage of my life.) Thankfully, both of us have missed the flu.

Take care and be well. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum