• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yet another flute piece

Yet another flute piece

Hey everybody,

This is especially for Diego, a tonal, less abstract composition. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It\'s a theme and variations for flute and piano, written many years ago when I was still a music student. The score should probably have served as combustion material for the fireplace a long time ago, but I somehow still have some affection for the darn piece, mostly for sentimental reasons. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It starts with a deceptively simple and na´ve theme, and is followed by 6 contrasting (hopefully) variations. The technique used for the variations is very simple: the basic form and harmonic skeleton of the theme is used in all variations, while the melodic material is varied.

The samples used are Advanced Orchestra for the flute and VR Sounds Boesendorfer for the piano. I really don\'t like this simulation very much. It was done only to give myself and my composition teacher an idea of the piece and so I didn\'t put great care into the sequencing. The flute samples are often not in tune with the piano and I made no effort to correct it, and the samples themselves are not that great by today\'s standards. Having said that, it was still much better at the time than the old Proteus I had been using!

Again, this is mostly for broadband users (or very patient people), as the file size is about 7.8 MB.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Yet another flute piece

Actually the patches sound really nice so don\'t worry about it! It\'s your composition that\'s absolutely awesome! It sounds like it\'s a joy to play live and I like the impressionistic colors you put to it. I imagine Jean Pierre Rampall on the flute and moi on the piano - [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It is funny that these not so modern, not so fancy, not highly tweaked samples sound so real. They seem to capture a raw live recording.

Great piece and once again very expresive! They sound like real players to me. Very charming indeed.
    Do not throw this piece away!
    What you may call crap others could only wish to write and sequence so well. Namely me.
    Keep posting. Eventually I\'ll have a whole album of your music to listen to. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ohh MY GOD!!!; ESPECIALLY For me... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    I LOVE YOU GUY!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Absoluty Lovely piece, very very very nice...;
    and yes realy less \"Abstract\", Rich, very Rich i love how you changes the Ritm,Armony, all,...
    I will like to show you my \"Camara\", works i started whit, cuartets, little concerts to Strings oboe and Fagot, Trombon.. But i have not yet decents \"Solo\" strings. Some day.!!.

pd: \"Dady-Williams\", is my Favorites Composer alave to. Ah.. Of course i download your Two Works. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Olomouc; Czech Republic

Great! NICE! I want to hear it Live! Piano sounds very realistic! Keep working on another pieces like this!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Fantastic! This one and your other piece are definitely the best complete works I\'ve heard around here.

Well constructed, stylistically consistent, ORIGINAL. I\'m very impressed.

Great Work,

Thanks for the comments guys.

Don\'t worry 88fingers, I won\'t burn the parts (even though I have thought about it in the past). I\'m just not sure the piece is quite \"personal\" enough, and there are certain compositional flaws that I won\'t get into, but that bother me and would probably be a little difficult to fix.

Still, I\'m glad some of you have enjoyed it!

Go Back to forum