• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I import a tuba from sonar's TTS-1 into Aria?

Share/Bookmark

Can I import a tuba from sonar's TTS-1 into Aria?

I love the tuba on Sonar's TTS-1 synth, but I can't use it because the synth burns up my cpu for some strange reason. Can I import that instrument into the Aria player? This is a level of technology a bit beyond me, but if it's possible, I'm sure I could do it with clear instructions. Another option - could it be exported to the Dimension Pro, another sonar synth? I sent Cakewalk a post on this, but they may be awhile. If there just happens to be a sonar user here...

thanks, michael diemer

Re: Can I import a tuba from sonar's TTS-1 into Aria?

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    I love the tuba on Sonar's TTS-1 synth, but I can't use it because the synth burns up my cpu for some strange reason. Can I import that instrument into the Aria player? This is a level of technology a bit beyond me, but if it's possible, I'm sure I could do it with clear instructions. Another option - could it be exported to the Dimension Pro, another sonar synth? I sent Cakewalk a post on this, but they may be awhile. If there just happens to be a sonar user here...

thanks, michael diemer
    Hi, Michael - Well now that's a new kind of request. And I understand what you're talking about - there are quite a few very good sounding instruments in Sonar's TTS-1 synth. People tend to not think about the synth much, and maybe even look down on it, because it's "free"--as in, it comes with Sonar software that you pay for. People are funny - they usually want to pay, and even pay a Lot for things they use. They have a trust in things that they have to make a monetary investment in, even though things much more affordable or even free can be just as good.

But to get to your question, which I can answer since I'm a Sonar and Garritan user - No, sorry, you can't open the TTS-1 Tuba in ARIA. That's because ARIA is an SFZ sample player, and TTS-1 is programmed totally differently. Someone with a lot of technical know-how and time on their hands could probably cobble together a version of the tuba that would work in ARIA - but I don't think that's what you have in mind.

I do need to add, though, that I've heard that tuba - and it's really no better than the one in GPO. If you have JABB, there's a good honkin' one in that too.

AND I don't know why TTS-1 should be loading your computer down. It's a pretty modest synth without many demands - Maybe there's something going on with your computer, or it's elderly?-- but that synth shouldn't be even a blip on your computer's radar, compared to having Sonar and a project loaded up.

Randy

Re: Can I import a tuba from sonar's TTS-1 into Aria?

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Michael - Well now that's a new kind of request. And I understand what you're talking about - there are quite a few very good sounding instruments in Sonar's TTS-1 synth. People tend to not think about the synth much, and maybe even look down on it, because it's "free"--as in, it comes with Sonar software that you pay for. People are funny - they usually want to pay, and even pay a Lot for things they use. They have a trust in things that they have to make a monetary investment in, even though things much more affordable or even free can be just as good.

But to get to your question, which I can answer since I'm a Sonar and Garritan user - No, sorry, you can't open the TTS-1 Tuba in ARIA. That's because ARIA is an SFZ sample player, and TTS-1 is programmed totally differently. Someone with a lot of technical know-how and time on their hands could probably cobble together a version of the tuba that would work in ARIA - but I don't think that's what you have in mind.

I do need to add, though, that I've heard that tuba - and it's really no better than the one in GPO. If you have JABB, there's a good honkin' one in that too.

AND I don't know why TTS-1 should be loading your computer down. It's a pretty modest synth without many demands - Maybe there's something going on with your computer, or it's elderly?-- but that synth shouldn't be even a blip on your computer's radar, compared to having Sonar and a project loaded up.

Randy
    Thanks Randy, I was fishing and you bit - I already knew you had sonar. Well, too bad, I do really love that tuba. It has a round, focused sound that I just can't seem to find anywhere else. What is JABBA ( not the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysts, I take it)? By the way, I took the opportunity to listen to some of your music. I enjoyed it very much. Are these actual films from the 20's? I like to watch TCM on late Sunday nights (1am on the East Coast, I'm an insomniac). I did see an old one there that may have been the first Dracula movie. And I always enjoy the musical scores I hear there. Anyway, if you and your cronies made that film, it's really cool. I listened to/watched the first two scenes, and I'll pick it up again tomorrow. Parts of your score recalled to me some of Debussy's night music from Iberia. As for my rig, yeah I'm sure it has issues. when I retire I plan to build a new one, if I feel up to it. That kind of thing can be a perfect excuse not to compose, however, and maybe I'll just by one. Anyway, thanks again for your prompt help.

michael diemer

Go Back to forum