• Register
  • Help

Topic: Library Location Question - Can I Move a Library Easily?

Share/Bookmark

Question Library Location Question - Can I Move a Library Easily?

I currently own GPO 4, GIO and just purchased World Instruments. I'm using Sonar Producer X2a and Win 7.

When I started purchasing sampled software I wasn't aware of really being well organized. I'm a little bit smarter these days. Maybe. Anyhow the Samples Library for GPO and now World Instruments are on my F drive which is where I want them. When I installed GIO I let the software use the default and the Samples for that are on my C drive. I'm not really having any issues with performance but my OCD is telling me that all samples belong on the F drive.

Is there an easy (non-messy) way to move the GIO samples from the C drive to the F drive?

If so will this affect projects I've already created? i.e. Aria won't be able to find the Samples since they've been moved.

I'd prefer not to uninstall and re-install. If that's the only way I'll leave things as they are and be a little smarter when the day comes for a new DAW.

Thanks,
    Dave-

Re: Library Location Question - Can I Move a Library Easily?

http://garritan.custhelp.com/app/ans...r-installation

ON EDIT: As the link mentions, this could be a daunting task unless using Authorized Steinway (weird they included this tool with Steinway and not with the others). If you have a fairly-peppy system, it shouldn't take too long to re-install the GIO library.

It's best to un-install and then reinstall to the correct locations. That keeps your install clean. I can usually do an un-install and reinstall on my system in 5 minutes. It will take a little bit longer if installing off a DVD.

Jim

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Fooling around with the registry is not my cup of tea, so to speak. I'll have to think about that one.

I did have an odd thing happen.

I was fooling around with World Sounds in Aria standalone mode waiting to see if I got a reply here. After that I decided to update the Aria engine to 1.6.2.6. The I tried to load one of my previous libs. GIO or GPO, I can't recall and Aria (Standalone) couldn't find the library and gave me an error. Fortunately I set a Restore Point in Windows. I restored and now have no issues.

Strange.

Again thanks.

Regards,
    Dave-

Go Back to forum