• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Some cues for a flick I'm doing (ie. Atmosphere, Stylus, Trilogy)

Share/Bookmark

Some cues for a flick I\'m doing (ie. Atmosphere, Stylus, Trilogy)

Please let me know what you think, they\'re all very short simple cues..

Thanks!

I Don\'t Feel Numb

Syringe

The Awakening

This next one got dropped......... Probably for the best. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Watching

Thanks to anyone who checks it out!

Re: Some cues for a flick I\'m doing (ie. Atmosphere, Stylus, Trilogy)

Hey Kid Just checked out your stuff!
    The first one sounds like Moby style, not too shabby
    #2 is very much like Clint Marshall style ( Pie and Requiem for a dream if I\'m not mistaken)
    #3 is also a cross between Moby and Clints stuff... i liked this better than #2
    #4 is ok but i liked the 1st the best.

only thing i might change is make the strings just a little more oomph, pretty good though!!!

Lol...one reason I\'ll never post my stuff here is because I just cringe when the inevitable \"you sound like so and so with a little so and mixed in...\" post pops up. That drives me up a wall. Everyone sounds like everyone else...get over it already! hehe...
    Having said that, nice stuff, Kid...
    -Hudson

Thanks Seth!

Yeah I know what you mean about the strings, but I had to convince the director that they are \"not\" too prominent as is. He says \"I don\'t really want to hear them\".... Um? Ok, you got it??? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks Aaron!

Originally posted by Hudson:
    Lol...one reason I\'ll never post my stuff here is because I just cringe when the inevitable \"you sound like so and so with a little so and mixed in...\" post pops up. That drives me up a wall. Everyone sounds like everyone else...get over it already! hehe...
    Having said that, nice stuff, Aaron...
    -Hudson
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I guess that could be anoying to some. I guess it would be nice to be considered original in all aspects, but I meant no disrespect to Kid at all. People usually tell me I sound like so and so also but in truth I guess they sort of influence my style so I take it as a compliment that I\'m even in that catigory. I do not want to be totaly like them however and throw in as much personality as possible.

Ive only listened to \"The Awakening\" - and I like it, but the strings sample cheapens the whole things greatly IMO. But that might not entirly be the samples fault - other than that I like it!

Ed

Enjoyed listening Kid, thanks. Especially liked The Awakening. I actually really liked what you did with the strings, the sound has a perfectly warm/dirty/edgy character that worked great juxtaposed against the overall mellow feel of the piece. Good stuff, good stuff.

mike

Really dig \'the Awakening\', Kid. How do you find Atmosphere in terms of tweakability? Does the dual layer thing provide enough control to find new and interesting sounds? I\'m debating between this and ES2 for my next purchase..

thx.

Nice job, Kid.

I hate you for making me want Atmosphere even more [smile].

- Martin

Hey Kid,

I really like \"I don\'t feel numb\" real meloncholy. Very nice.

Rob

Go Back to forum