Here is "Celebration," a Grade 3 string orchestra piece with a duration of about 2:30.
Here's my main concern with this piece: I work in Finale 2011 with GPO4 and the Aria player with convolution reverb. I'm having difficulty eliminating boominess and rumbling in some passages of the string bass staff. So far, I've tried:
- lowering the volume through dynamics in the score, overall staff volume settings, and bank and master volume settings
- decreasing the amount of reverb
- decreasing the lows and increasing the highs in the equalizer
- turning off the stereo staging
- changing the staff from section basses to a solo player
Some of these adjustment combinations have helped, but I'm still getting an overall muddiness (do you also hear it?), and with these settings changes, I'm concerned about balance. My pan settings are wide, so I don't think they're a problem, and I've left them alone.
I know I could tackle all this in Sonar, but for now, can anyone suggest anything else I can do to correct the problem in Finale, GPO4, and Aria?
Thanks for listening and commenting.