• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Stratosphere"

Share/Bookmark

"Stratosphere"

This is my "Stratosphere" ,featuring the Garritan piccolo trumpet with a small group of GPO strings.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Stratosphere"

Mr. Larry -

Nice tune, Mr. Larry! It showcases your talent as a composer! Is this a new piece that you just finished writing or is this coming from a collection of works written a while back??

I probably asked this of you in the past so please forgive me if I'm repeating myself (again), but do you write your compositions down before recording them or do you record them off the top of your heard? Actually, let me ask you like this: How do you compose and render (record) your music like this one? I'm just curious. But no matter the process, I always admire and enjoy your compositions and the fact that you seemingly write so many in a relatively short amount of time.

Hope you're over the flu and that your feeling better, Mr. Larry! As always, Happy Composing to you!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Hi Larry,

You've made me very happy again. One of the very first classical pieces I've ever consumed (and you may take this literally) was the trumpet concert by J. Haydn, with chamber orchestra and performed by Maurice André, the French virtuoso (former miner). You know I really appreciate your brilliant classical style. Here again, you demonstrate your versatility and musical baggage.

Thanks, many thanks, Larry!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Mr. Larry -

Nice tune, Mr. Larry! It showcases your talent as a composer! Is this a new piece that you just finished writing or is this coming from a collection of works written a while back??

I probably asked this of you in the past so please forgive me if I'm repeating myself (again), but do you write your compositions down before recording them or do you record them off the top of your heard? Actually, let me ask you like this: How do you compose and render (record) your music like this one? I'm just curious. But no matter the process, I always admire and enjoy your compositions and the fact that you seemingly write so many in a relatively short amount of time.

Hope you're over the flu and that your feeling better, Mr. Larry! As always, Happy Composing to you!

Ted
    I wrote this one a while back, Mister Ted. I do compose "off of the top of my head".

I am in the process of whipping a really bad case of the influenza and it's about time! It nearly put this old dude six feet under.

Thanks for your message, my friend.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

You've made me very happy again. One of the very first classical pieces I've ever consumed (and you may take this literally) was the trumpet concert by J. Haydn, with chamber orchestra and performed by Maurice André, the French viruoso (former miner). You know I really appreciate your brilliant classical style. Here again, you demonstrate your versatility and musical baggage.

Thanks, many thanks, Larry!

Max
    My thanks to you for listening and replying, Mister Max.

My best to you.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

A very nice solo trumpet piece with your as always splendid counterpoint.

My father almost did me in with the tire of a hay wagon when I was two. Close but no cigar.

I'm glad to see you back here.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Larry,

A very nice solo trumpet piece with your as always splendid counterpoint.

My father almost did me in with the tire of a hay wagon when I was two. Close but no cigar.

I'm glad to see you back here.

Phil
    I'm glad that I never met your Father.

Thanks for the good words, Mister Phil. I'm still hanging on at an "advanced" age.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry! I always enjoy a good trumpet piece! Did I hear some influence from the trumpet Bible "Arban's" in there?
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Larry! I always enjoy a good trumpet piece! Did I hear some influence from the trumpet Bible "Arban's" in there?
    ~Rodney
    Nope. No influence from Mr. Arban. I certainly do remember his exercise books from long ago.

Thanks for your message, Mister Rodney.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Neither influenza can beat you, nor anything else. You live forever with the joy of making music for us poor earthlings, who constantly are trying getting some decent tunes from GPO.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast