• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Cheap Hosting for Composers

OT: Cheap Hosting for Composers

I know you guys are asking this question from time to time so I thought I would share this.

I have moved my hosting to; www.hostingkey.com and they are UNBELIEVABLY cheap. At first I though the bandwidth or reliability might suck but I have had my site there for around three months and have never had a hitch yet.

To put it in perspective; I went from paying approx $18 U.S. a month for 25 meg space and 5 email accounts. I am now paying $3 U.S. a month for 100 meg of space (great to post mp3s) and 100 email accounts!

Some other great features for the technically inclined;

They run ASP and PHP pages by default. They have CDONTS and JMAIL enabled by default!

You can install and register your own COMS!!! (Sorry, getting very geekish here!)

The final good news is that everything is done by a control panel. For example, if your site is; www.mywebsite.com Your control panel will be; www.mywebsite.com/admin from there you can create your own email addresses, auto responders, check network traffic, etc, etc.

And if you become famous overnight, people start downloading your songs like crazy, and you need more webspace, the next plan is around $6 U.S. a month! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: OT: Cheap Hosting for Composers

Yea, I get my services from Godaddy and Netacore. I pay about 5 bucks a month for 700 megs of space and 2 gigabytes of bandwidth. I believe they charge a little more for new customers, but even if so it\'s still really cheap.

I find it very important to have your own .com as a music business card. Having an extension off of geocities, yahoo, or XANGA is cool, but even if it looks good you\'re still an extension of someone else\'s site. I know a couple whos music deserves a .com of their own... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum