• Register
  • Help

Topic: FS: GS96 + Mastery Discs (US only)

Share/Bookmark

FS: GS96 + Mastery Discs (US only)

I\'m selling my license of GigaStudio 96. It will be delivered to the seller in the form of a CD-R with the latest versions plus license information. I will include the GM500 and GigaPiano libraries plus a signed letter of transfer.

Bonus: GigaStudio Mastery 4 CD Set

Cost: $150 - including shipping (US only)

Everything will be neatly packed and shipped via Airborne Ground. Folks that want it faster will have the cost of shipping calculated and a second payment request will be sent for the additional shipping amount. No international shipments.

Payment can be made via MasterCard, Visa or directly though PayPal. No exceptions.

http://www.hhaynes.com/gigastudio_96.htm

Re: FS: GS96 + Mastery Discs (US only)

Taken from the seller\'s website....

\"I\'m selling my license of GigaStudio 96. It will be delivered to the seller in the form of a CD-R with the latest versions plus license information. I will include the GM500 and GigaPiano libraries plus a signed letter of transfer.\"

Is this even LEGAL? If so, I\'ve got alot of things collecting dust that I could sell!!!!!!

I\'m not so sure about the GM500, but the GigaPiano disc is required to finish the installation. In most cases when you purchase a library, you cannot transfer, but for the GigaPiano, it\'s required to get GigaStudio to run.

The letter of transfer came from the Nemesys/TASCAM site, so I would imaging it completely legal.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by keytar:
    Is this even LEGAL? If so, I\'ve got alot of things collecting dust that I could sell!!!!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s a license specific thing. Some companies allow transfer, others don\'t.

Sample libraries are almost universally nontransferrable, because there is no \"clean\" way for a user to truly divest himself of the samples. You may turn over the library to your buyer, even erase it from all your hard drives, but you could have thousands of tunes and cues on the market using those samples and providing income. The complications are so entangled, the best solution has been lifetime, nontransferrable licensing.

So I could re-sell GS which was used to make those recordings since it played the samples, but I can\'t re-sell the samples that were played by GS. Ok, got it. (sure I do...) [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum