• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Free DAW For Dummies

Share/Bookmark

A Free DAW For Dummies

If you own a M-audio Keyboard or know someone who does there is a free cross platform DAW available from AIR called Ignite that now ships with M-audio Keyboards. It only works with M-audio keyboards but will automatically configure all the sliders, knobs and buttons on the keyboard.

It's sort of a cross between GarageBand and other DAWs but it's simpler to use.

I think it's purpose is to make available a DAW that anyone can learn to use. You can export midi files to use in any DAW.

It's a DAW with training wheels.

IGNITE

Re: A Free DAW For Dummies

Cool, Phil. I downloaded it and gave it a quick glance - It looks fun. Doesn't support VSTs, but it has a group of instruments to work with. I don't have an M-audio keyboard, but that doesn't stop Ignite from working, it just means it doesn't have mapping for my Roland keyboard. I'll experiment with it!

Randy

Re: A Free DAW For Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Cool, Phil. I downloaded it and gave it a quick glance - It looks fun. Doesn't support VSTs, but it has a group of instruments to work with. I don't have an M-audio keyboard, but that doesn't stop Ignite from working, it just means it doesn't have mapping for my Roland keyboard. I'll experiment with it!

Randy
    Yes, I wasn't sure because Ignite wasn't recognizing my yamaha piano but now it's working. It's beta so I guess it's still a little buggy.

It has just quit on me before so it's a good idea to save often.

The instruments aren't the best but much better than the GM instruments. Good enough for a scratch pad.

Have fun!

Phil

Go Back to forum