• Register
  • Help

Topic: what is the update policy for Vienna?

Share/Bookmark

what is the update policy for Vienna?

is there one? i couldn\'t find it on their site.
    The garritan update policy is amazing - is their\'s anything similar?

thanks!
    -d-

Re: what is the update policy for Vienna?

Herb will post some free updates (.gig and/or .art) for people who won\'t buy the Pro version.

Can\'t remember which one.

but if i buy the full $5,000 cube and performance package, assuming that they keep adding samples and whatever, do i get DVD\'s of new samples, or do people who buy two months after me get more samples, etc for the same price? The library looks great, but for $5,000 i see it as an investment and i would hope that it wouldn\'t just be a dead end, particularly given the trend that other libraries have started.
    -d-

uhm its jsut over 3,000 (and under if you search) for both the Orch Cube and Perf set.

you pay for the upgrade to the \"pro Edition\" when that is released later this year.

herb\'s mentioned that there will be upgrades to the performance tool, as well as art files, and some possible free .gig files for \"first edition\" owners (the one thats available now).

so it looks liek there will be some free updates, as well as the \"paid\" update to the Pro Edition version of VSL

Originally posted by bluedane:
    ... i would hope that it wouldn\'t just be a dead end, particularly given the trend that other libraries have started.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is also an important issue for me i.e. are EWQLSO and VSL \"living\" libraries (like GOS and others). Obviously, the more extensive and expensive the lib, more important this issue is.

It appears as if Vienna has plans that will take them at least into 2004, if not beyond. Certainly they will be getting a lot of feedback from their initial offering (available now) and will be able to rerecord samples, tweak others as required and continue the development of their Performance tool (they apparently have even bigger plans for that). They are also still recording, own their own sound stage and, I assume, are presently fully staffed. The fact that the PRO Edition is dependant upon GSt 3.0 should assure full staffing until ... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . These things, I believe, bode well for future VSL support.

As for EWQLSO and their plans/abilities for post-release support, I cannot even speculate but would be interested in hearing about.

Go Back to forum