• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NEW - EWQLSO demo - all 3 mic positions

Share/Bookmark

NEW - EWQLSO demo - all 3 mic positions

We have posted some new EWQLSO demos at the following link -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155

The first demo PERCUSSION is a .zip file that contains all 3 mic positions (close, stage, and hall). You have to scroll down the page to the 24-bit .wav demos section to find this file. You can import all 3 files into your audio sequencer or hard disk recorder and mix them to experience the ambient control that is provided for each sample in each volume of the library - plus, you can clearly hear the Concert Hall\'s incredible acoustics at work! (you will need a fast connection to download this). There is also an MP3 \"mix\' of this demo, but it\'s nowhere near as impressive as mixing the mic positions together. Btw, the PERCUSSION volume is a relatively inexpensive part of EWQLSO at $495!

Second, we have added some new demos in both 24-bit .wav and MP3 formats from Thomas Bergersen and Dave Marsden.

The first of these BIRD - A SHORT LIVED LIFE was the first composition Thomas wrote when he arrived in Hollywood.

The second is a mock-up Thomas did of Gustav Holst\'s THE PLANETS - MARS. This piece is a good demonstration of the Horns in EWQLSO.

The third is an extended version of Dave Marsden\'s CARTOON which has a light comical feel to it with a lot of space.

Enjoy!

Re: NEW - EWQLSO demo - all 3 mic positions

Daves \'Cartoon\' demo is my favorite. Very nice work there Dave [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like the Thomas´s one..., can i ask what samplers did he use??
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by D.Montesinos:
    I like the Thomas´s one..., can i ask what samplers did he use??
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thomas used our EASTWEST system which consists of 4 identical PCs built by \"Building Your Computer\".

Each has a P4 2.8Ghz processor, WD10,0000 rpm drive for streaming the samples, an additional drive for running the apps and OS, 2 Gigs of ram, wavecenter soundcards (in 3 of them) that are light-piped to a MOTU 2408Mk3 in the host computer, and finally to a MOTU HD192 D-A converter.

We have two LCD monitors - one displays the sequencer and Percussion module (which uses the least resources) permanently, the other is switched between the other 3 PCs which run the Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass respectively.

Each unit has super-quiet fans, which makes a huge difference to the ambient noise level.

BYOC are experts at optimizing systems and we are getting 250+ stereo voices streaming at 24-bit. We recently found by turning off Virtual Memory and Hyperthreading, and increasing \"reserved voices\" to 256 in the dfd options of the included KOMPAKT software, we dramatically improved performance and system stability.

Take care,

Doug Rogers
    -------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Originally posted by dougrogers:
    Each has a P4 4Ghz processor...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please explain how you managed to get a processor that doesn\'t exist yet.

DUH!! i think he meant 2.4 thanks for the info doug
    i\'ll be getting that brass soon then the others!

Wow!!,
    I Would realy like join in yout Team!!, and play with these Hard-Soft Sistem. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Thx for information.

D.Montesinos

Originally posted by vaultcomplex:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by dougrogers:
    Each has a P4 4Ghz processor...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please explain how you managed to get a processor that doesn\'t exist yet. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ooops!! - they are actually 2.8Ghz processors. We found in testing there was no real advantage in using anything faster.

Btw, Chris, thanks for your great review of \"Voices Of The Apocalypse\" in KEYBOARD - and the KEY BUY AWARD!!! - we sure appreciate it.

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    -------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Very nice. Twice when listening to the Cartoon MP3 the percussion had me turning around to see what that noise in the room was. And that\'s on semi-cheap open ear headphones. And the composition is way cool!

I\'ve heard better live recordings of Mars (the 1971 Zubin Mehta/LA Philharmonic is wonderfully over the top!), but this is a d*mn good virtual recording. The string dynamics are spot on. And it doesn\'t come across as sampled - it\'s just not as urgent as a stage full of live musicians can make it. A tough challenge well met.

I can\'t wait to hear the 24-bit versions on my good system.

Hi all,

Doug, I wonder how the mix of Mars has been done, particulary in terms of reverb : Far mics + surround mics, only far mics, or another reverb in addition ?
    In any case a very impressive demo !
    Did.

Go Back to forum