• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Choirs

Hi all,

I need choir lib to use on my motets, chorals and masses.

Is VOTA the only wise option or are there other as good or better libs out there?

Please advise.

Btw. I\'ve limited budget.

Re: Choirs

I would go with VOTA (but then I already have [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

The only other option, as I see it, is Symphony of Voices. Only available in roland and akai format. Great library.

Get them both [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think VOTA is what you are looking for. As for your budget- try to catch a sale at www.soundsonline.com (they appear from time to time) I got mine there at 20% off.

I wanted to send you a private message on this but I\'m totally new to this board and do not know how so forgive me if I\'m \"promoting\" or spamming the room but I found The best price for both Voices of the Apocalypse and Sypmphony of voices to be at www.midi-classics.com . It truely sounds like they used this choir in the likes of E.S. Posthumus \"unearthed\" cd. Check out the trailor for Spiderman or the first Lord of the rings trailor to get a better idea of what it sounds like. They used Symphony of voices in parts of Armagedon ( Rocket launch comes to mind) Good luck and enjoy because i think they are both worth it, personally I\'m more into the epic sounding Vota! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Hi all,

I need choir lib to use on my motets, chorals and masses.

Is VOTA the only wise option or are there other as good or better libs out there?

Please advise.

Btw. I\'ve limited budget.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Falcon,

There is a Giga only sale happening next week at www.soundsonline.com.

Click on the banner that will be there from Monday for details.

Take care,

Doug Rogers

Just in case you didn\'t see (which I doubt) and want to hit the \"buy\" button that fast:

and/or do a search for the specific library on the forum. Apart from that, anyone knows if a new choir library is coming in future?

yellow Tools was working on one for quite sometime.

I haven\'t heard squat about it lately tho.

There\'s also the new Miroslav one which isn\'t really impressing many people for the price.

Extended Classical Choir from Siedleczeck is another \"cheap\" option. It sounds quite nice, tho not epic. Problem is the male and female voices are combined into one sample.

I think your best option is to go for both SOV and VotA. a combination of them should yeild the best results. Using the solo voices in SOV can help too. Also with any of these suckers, to get the most realism have someone sing a solo line or three over the top of the lib. It will sound 20 times more realistic....that is until someone does some solo voices to work with the VSL legato tool. (drool)

Is possible (\"easy\") to make SOV sing words? My motets doesn\'t always have \"standard\" latin words like amen, halleluja etc.

And is it easy to convert SOV to giga format? Any plans from Spectrasonics to publish SOV on VSTi or pure Giga format?

Unfortunatly I\'m very limited on budget so I can\'t buy both SOV and VOTA, even though I want to.

Btw. my PC is getting old so if these libs requires the state of the art computers to run ok then I need to save some more bucks. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I believe the only ones with consonants are ECC, VOTA, and possibly Miroslav (not sure about that last one)

with all of them the best results will come from layering a real voice on top IMO

enough acronymns in this one?

well, you lost the chance to say MVCC, King [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

\"All SOV,VOTA,PS┤s ECC and MVCC are good libs, but for using .GIG format and words construction VOTA sounds like the real deal even if you┤ll have to learn some VOTOX to make a good use of Nuno┤s WB.\"

Sorry, couldn┤t resist [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Why is SOV more expensive than VOTA? Is it in higher quality? More stuff?

Go Back to forum