• Register
  • Help

Topic: When will we see a QLSO demo?

Share/Bookmark

When will we see a QLSO demo?

Is it out there? Have I missed it somewhere? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Or do any of ya\'ll know if and when we\'ll be able to hear some kind of demo for the much awaited EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Library? Thanks, Gary Thomas

Re: When will we see a QLSO demo?

havent you heard??

It was all a joke! Good ol\' Nick had us all fooled!!

A new orchestra library!!!? HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh Nick, you had me goin there for a moment!!

Ed

I asked this question some time ago - and I think Nick mentioned somewhere around the end of Feb - start of March. Somebody correct me if they know better - but on the 2nd of Feb Nick suggest aprox. 4 weeks ahead.

Love - Chris

Haven\'t we heard this question enough by now? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just put an auto-notifier on the Eastwest page and you\'ll now as soon as there\'s any change... even a typo in the description. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Maarten

Originally posted by Ed:
    havent you heard??

It was all a joke! Good ol\' Nick had us all fooled!!

A new orchestra library!!!? HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh Nick, you had me goin there for a moment!!

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You\'re right Ed - it was all a big hoax!!

Seriously, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel - March is realistic for both demos and a release of the product.

However, we do not want to post substandard demos that don\'t convey the special features of this library, so we have to finish the library first, NI has to integrate the final interface, and then it will be given to our demo creators to add their touch of magic.

Unfortunately, there is no way of accelerating this process. We have a large team of the very best sound designers and programmers working on it every day. It is painstaking (but extremely rewarding) work, that needs to be done right the first time.

One major benefit of our recording philosophy - which has really worked - is the tonality control the three simultaneous stereo tracks have provided (close, stage, hall). You can literally smooth out the sound of any instrument or section by incrementally moving out from the close mics, to the stage mics, to the hall mics - wait to you hear this! This virtual repositioning of the listener in a concert hall environment offers a surprising amount of tonal control, virtually eliminating the need for EQ - and the ambient control, using any combination of these three stereo tracks, absolutely eliminates the need for any artificial reverb (which always sounds artificial IMO). Creating surround sound mixes is as easy as throwing the hall mics to the rear!

With EWQLSO you have the ability to create the sound \"you\" want. With other libraries, you get what they give you, and apart from adding reverb and EQ, you have no control. Control of tonality and ambience enables the user to design the sound of the orchestra to suit the work that is being created - no other collection offers this!

Also, the real ambience of the hall (combined with our auto sample switching of up and down strokes, that is built into the interface), has virtually eliminated the \"machine gun\" effect when playing fast repetitions - it\'s all pretty heady stuff that we can\'t wait to share with you (calm down Lewis!).

Finally, in response to other posts about the performance of the NI VSTi compared to Giga - our conclusions are the complete opposite. On a super fast PC the NI VSTi has more voices than the current version of Giga. Of course, we all expect Giga to improve performance with the release of 3.0.

Take care,

Doug Rogers
    ------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Thanks Doug for your informative reply. We\'re all looking forward to a SUPER orchesrtal library! Gary [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

As always QL and EW are providing essential and calming information. Thumbs up Doug and Nick. Now can I have a kiss?

Love - Chris

Go Back to forum