• Register
  • Help

Topic: New DIVA Demo

New DIVA Demo

Hi everyone!
    Please check out my new DIVA composition.

It\'s a dark and scary sound. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I would be glad to hear your opinions,

Re: New DIVA Demo

Very DARK!!!,
    Je JE JEJEJ..........
    I like it but i think it needs a bit more of Orchestration, \"In my Opinion\".
    Good Work, \"Ale Stefi\"... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nice arc. From the opening moments (and the above comment about needing more orchestration), I thought it was going to be more minimalist. But, the intensity and instruments kept building, and just when I thought it would peak, it softened and floated away. It was always a step ahead of me.

My only criticism would be that the mood near the peak tended towards an action sound, rather than a creepy sound. Probably due mostly to the use of horns.

But it comes down to your intent for this cue. If you picture a spooky sceene that builds towards action and then retreats, this could work really well. If the peak was supposed to reflect intense spookiness, then I think that the mood shifted too much towards an action feeling.

I hope these comments are helpful, as the music is quite well done, with some unique qualities in the sparse moments.

Hi Diego!
    Thank you for listening. Glad you like it! Yes, the orchestration might seems a bit \"empty\" sometimes. This was a kind of \"compromise\", to show better DIVA and to have the effect of the whole orchestra entering at 0.36. Btw, I like the richness in your orchestral composition.

Hi Jon,
    thank you for listening and the kind comments. There might be a stylistic incoherence: in the beginning it some creepy athmosphere and then a more \"dance-like\" music. Well, of course it always depends on the (film) context.

I\'d be happy to hear some more appreciations [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here is a link to our \"spook\" page [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum