• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Wonder Trumpet - Rock/Jazz library?

Share/Bookmark

The Wonder Trumpet - Rock/Jazz library?

Hi,

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WonderTpt/

I ran across this library in the back of Electronic Musician. Only sold (apparently) through Sweetwater, and not cheap at $499 list. Has anyone tried it? A search here turned up nothing. I haven\'t Googled for further information.

Cheers,
    Mark

Re: The Wonder Trumpet - Rock/Jazz library?

Looks very interesting!

Too bad there aren\'t any demos or any way of finding out what it sounds like. I agree, $500 is a lot to pay without knowing squat.

Maybe someone can fill us in here?

Thomas

Hey guys, if you look at the webpage again... you\'ll see that there is an MP3 demo at the bottom right side of the page. Click on it and check it out.... Gary [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

what the heck is wrong with these people?

64k/sec MP3? You\'ve got to be freaking kidding me!

Hi Guys
    Well, at least to me, the \"trumpet\" sounds in the demo sounds like a joke!! $500 for a Casio trumpet alike???
    Until now, the only demos that I heard with the closest to the real thing (at least in a pop ensemble of 2 saxes and trombone) is Kick-*** brass. But haven´t chequed myself I can´t help you and is also very expensive (299 UK pounds)
    Any body knows about any new pop brass library? Isn´t enough Strings, pianos, basses...
    Jose Pereira

Hi Guys
    Well, at least to me, the \"trumpet\" sounds in the demo sounds like a joke!! $500 for a Casio trumpet alike???
    Until now, the only demos that I heard with the closest to the real thing (at least in a pop ensemble of 2 saxes and trombone) is Kick-*** brass. But haven´t chequed myself I can´t help you and is also very expensive (299 UK pounds)
    Any body knows about any new pop brass library? Isn´t enough Strings, pianos, basses...
    Jose Pereira

I happened to be at East West last year the day that the demo for this library came in. It was the funniest thing you\'ve ever heard. I assume they have changed it. I didn\'t think the trumpet sounded that bad, but the voice over was absurd. Picture this .... a nerdy female south american voice with an almost russian vibe..... \" just listen to the pure quality of this one of a kind royal trrrrammmpit\" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It seems they have either removed the demo or else I\'m blind. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ben Ripley

Ben
    Look near the bottom of the page, at your right side. It´s called \"salsa\" (is this a \"salsa\"?????)
    Jose Pereira

In a televised interview, Tito Puente was asked how he felt about beinig called the \"King of Salsa.\" He responded, \"Salsa? That\'s what I put on my spaghetti! I play mambos, rhumbas and cha-chas!!\"

But that demo does sound like the records played on Tiajuana radio, with the announcer that uses the spring reverb pushed up to eleven...

Hola-ola-ola-ola Ammmmigos-oss-osss-osss [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dasher

Go Back to forum