• Register
  • Help

Topic: Having Fun

Having Fun

I was just having some fun with a chord progression and put this together. My brother came up with the melody and I engineered the piece in Sonar. Everything is JaBB from Garritan except for the solo clarinet which is BiaB RealTracks soloist.

The brass is trumpets and trombones. All of the piece was engineered in Sonar X2 extended.

Enjoy the fun we had this weekend.

Having Fun!

It was a blast...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Shelton, Washington State

Re: Having Fun

Cool tune and it sounds great. The clarinet is a real musician isn't it.

It's just in time for Mardi Gras in New orleans which starts tomorrow.

I could see Pete Fountain playing this.

How did they all start together like that?

Hi Rich,

I enjoyed this immensely. Jazz has a way of lifting your spirits and this piece certainly does that.
    The soloists from BIAB are really good, they add a lot of realism to the music.

A very apt title. Great piece, thank you for this cheering music!

Music... A Joy For Life.

Hi Richard,

A great piece, wonderful! It is exactly what one could need when feeling down: it will cheer you up in a minute! Better than an army of shrinks. An excellent remedy for health care!

Aaah, that's a so nice, Rich - Excellent! What a team you and your bro' make! This recording sounds great, the lines are smartly developed - And the responses you've gotten so far confused me for a second, so I looked at your original post again.--You said everything's from JABB except the clarinet which is from BIAB. That's fun, I've never heard that instrument soloed before. Quite nifty!

Applause, Rich! And now - it's Fat Tuesday! Revel on!

Phil, yjoh and Randy,

Yes, this was a fun little weekend project which I mainly used to work on engineering the parts in Sonar X2. Dixieland clarinet for Fat Tuesday is a perfect fit for this piece. James Danderfer is the clarinetist that performed the Realracks solo parts for Band-in-a-Box. I don't really know how BiaB does it but it takes your chord progression and uses snippets of performance files to develop a complete performance on a particular instrument. I find I have to do sections of the soloist parts over a few times to decide on which snippets work best for my ideas. Sometimes the solo tracks sound unrealistic due to overlapped phrases that sound awkward because there are no breath pauses in the phrases or sometimes too many breaks for breath. It is sort of like working with a real performer and asking him to record the section again (and maybe again, and again). The biggest difference between a live performer and a BiaB soloist is they never say "I won't do it again".

Now I just wish I could get that kind of sound out of my clarinet so easily.

Thanks for the comments guys, they are appreciated.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Go Back to forum