• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: California Fires affecting NS Members

Share/Bookmark

California Fires affecting NS Members

Some of our NS members are dealing with the inferno that rages in Southern California.

Pete from Tascam has had to evacuate and his home is in jeopardy. I heard the same is happening with Pinkcanary and LHopkins. Other Northern Sounds members are most likely facing this disaster.

This is an awful situation and hope that they and their families will be ok.

If any affected members need something, let us all know what we can do to help. Perhaps the Northern Sounds members can come together to provide some assistance.

For the rest of us, let us know what your thoughts are as to what we can do to help our fellow Northern Sounders.

Gary Garritan

Re: California Fires affecting NS Members

Very nice idea Mr. Garritan, I send my support but I live in the ChicagoLand area and cann\'t provide any physical help.

Hope others can and that Pinkcanary and LHopkins and all our other friends are safe.

AL

Hope Fire will be Stoped early..
    I´ll pray for that.
    D.M

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your concern. Even those of us removed somewhat distance-wise see the ash on our cars, smell the smoke, and feel the heat when the wind blows from the East. One can only imagine what those closer to the flames are going through.

Dear forum members,
    The Southern California inferno is a terrible situation for all those involved. I hope Pete, Pink, LHopkins,their families and all the others involved find the support and strenght they need in this nightmare.
    It shows that our hi-tech comfortable world is easily changing in a very hostile one.
    Let\'s all hope they are safe.

We get some pretty serious bushfires down under as well, so I can appreciate how some of the guys in that area are feeling. Best of luck Pete et al., we hope you and yours come through unscathed.

Could we setup a relief fund via PayPal, held by NS if need be??

We have just gave to help NS\'ers in neeed.
    Please do what YOU can [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just moved here (live in Westwood so all I see is ash like snowflakes on the car from time to time), so I asked what the situation can develop into. The surprising thing came out that after this is done IF there\'s a wet winter, that the mud slides can be equally destructive.

Pray for less fire now and not too much water later...

Terrible!

Off course we must create a fond to help those in need - a very good idea.

I really support this.

regards

Thanks Gary for this topic.

Pink saved my day with some of the best tips regarding HALion out there - hope he and of course all the other guys are ok.

My best wishes.
    Seb

Go Back to forum