• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Quantum Leap Hardcore Bass 1st demo/info

Share/Bookmark

Quantum Leap Hardcore Bass 1st demo/info

The first demo is now available at soundsonline.com.

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=QLHBNI

It starts and ends with songs that I did last year using the early basic library. Everything else was done the day before NAMM. No effects or other instruments. All drums are rock/remix loops from Stormdrum.

HARDCORE BASS includes 2.2 Gigabytes of mix dominating, teeth shattering, hardcore electric bass recorded through massive ampeg bass rigs with the volume turned up to 11.

All samples taken from musicman stingray & lakland 5594 5 string basses using different pick-up and amp settings. Every conceivable articulation of picked and fingered, muted, open, scraped, and mutilated bass - 6,600 Multi-Samples!

Advanced programming features such as keyswitching, release samples, automatic alternation of up and down picking, chromatic slides, legatos, effects and stacato stopping.

HARDCORE BASS is powered by a custom high-performance NATIVE INSTRUMENTS audio engine for Mac and PC (VST 2.0, DXi, MAS, DC, ASIO).
    HCB is a streaming library. This means that users with minimal ram can use the largest patches in the library.

There are six Basses included on HARDCORE BASS -

Lakland Finger Deep- 250 megs
    Fingered 5 string 5594 (bridge pickup settings),Ampeg/SVT rig, Sennheiser 451 dynamic mic, Neve/ADL Custom/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Lakland Finger Woody- 250 megs
    Fingered 5 string 5594 (neck pickup settings),Ampeg/SVT rig, RCA 44 ribbon mic, Manley/UA/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Musicman Pick Hi-Fi- 500 megs
    Picked 5 string Stingray (standard pickup settings),Ampeg/SVT rig, Sennheiser 451 dynamic mic, Neve/ADL Custom/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Musicman Pick Vintage- 500 megs
    Picked 5 string Stingray (alternate pickup settings),Ampeg/SVT rig, RCA 44 ribbon mic, Manley/UA/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Lakland Pick Warm- 500 megs
    Picked 5 string 5594 (middle pickup settings) ,Ampeg/SVT rig, RCA 44 ribbon mic, Manley/UA/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Lakland Pick Buzz- 500 megs
    Picked 5 string 5594 (bridge pickup settings),Ampeg/SVT rig, Sennheiser 451 dynamic mic, Neve/ADL Custom/Manley Massive Passive/Apogee Rossetta Signal Path.

Here is a breakdown example of one typical instrument - the Musicman Pick Hi-Fi

MPH brr (slide up and down fast)
    MPH hardcore 1 (4 dynamics of sustain, fx on layers 5 and 6, great jamming patch)
    MPH hardcore 2 (4 dynamics of sustain, fx on layers 5 and 6, great jamming patch also)
    MPH keyswitch (all in one, pretty much, access all by keyswitching)
    MPH legato (2 dynamics of true legato extracted notes)
    MPH legato mute (1 dynamic mute legato extracted)
    MPH mute round robin (3 dynamics, automatically alternating mute up and down strokes)
    MPH mute down (3 dynamics down strokes)
    MPH mute slide (2 dynamics mute slide down)
    MPH mute slide up (1 dynamic mute slide up)
    MPH mute up and down (3 dynamics, mapped mute up and down strokes)
    MPH octave (octave up and down slide)
    MPH open 5-way (5 dynamics of open sustain)
    MPH open down (4 dynamics of open down-stroke)
    MPH open slide down (3 dynamics of open slide down)
    MPH open slide down fast (1 dynamic of open slide down)
    MPH open slide up (2 dynamics of open slide up)
    MPH open slide up fast (1 dynamics of open slide up fast)
    MPH open slide up sustain (3 dynamics of slide up to sustain)
    MPH open up and down (4 dynamics of mapped open up and down-stroke)
    MPH release noises layer (release noises for each note triggered upon release of sample)
    MPH staccato down (4 dynamics)
    MPH staccato up (4 dynamics)
    MPH staccato up and down (4 dynamics)
    MPH sustain round robin (4 dynamics of automatically alternating open up and down-stroke)

Re: Quantum Leap Hardcore Bass 1st demo/info

Nick. Four things.

1st. My faith is totally restored. Excellent library. So much grunge in the bass and no library until date can offer that. I am totally sold on this one. Eeeeewww it scratches and kicks.

2nd. I am so glad you are constant providing information on your products. Keep it up. I think many other developers could learn take a lesson from this.

3rd. Any news on demo-progres for QLSO!

Nomatter what. Thumbs up man - or should I say: Thumbs slapped!

4th. Make a supplementing guitarlibrary!

Love - Chris (jezzzz)

RAWK!!

Thanks!
    Sharmy, I think you are right. But only because I don\'t have the time right now. The bass is 100% capable of that. I will do some soon.

Wow, that sounds good. I like the guitar in the first part also. Could you tell me where these guitar sounds come from? I\'m sold!

Thanks,
    Ben Ripley

The guitar in the first and last piece is real(not sampled). Guitar is alot harder to sample than bass, because it is usually not played monophonically, which raises lots of issues. I think someone is tackling a heavy guitar library, though.

Killer! drums too!

-david abraham

yah that snare drum is exactly what I\'ve been wanting.

Speaking of snares- There are 18 different snares in Stormdrum. Each one has left and right hand samples, inside and outside of the drum, all with up to 24 way velocity switching (roughly 100 samples per snare) Most of them are big, radio ready sounding. Some are dryish. This demo uses loops, though. The library does have these snare sounds, but you are listening to loops. The drumkits in Stormdrum are perfect accompaniment for Hardcore Bass. They\'re a little like Drumkit from Hell, just alot more and alot more variety.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum