• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legend of Erthia The Etheral Gate - Frederick's Theme

Share/Bookmark

Legend of Erthia The Etheral Gate OST - Frederick's Theme

Here is the first composition I am sharing for my second project, "Legend of Erthia - The Etheral Gate." I have shared many LOE - Armageddon compositions, which is the Might and Magic version to my project. LOE - TEG is the Ultima VII and Ultima VIII inspired project. Both share the same story-line but are played differently!

As a side note: Unlike LOE - Armageddon, LOE - TEG's compositions will be made up of short ques similar to the music in Ultima VII.

Libraries used:
    Garritan Instant Orchestra (Still loving this pearl!)
    Dimension Pro
    Philharmonic Orchesta

LOE Stuff:

"Kill the damn vermin scum... the bloody goblins are nothing more than nuisances to Felicia." as Frederick would say.

Frederick is an elite character throughout LOE - Armageddon and LOE - The Etheral Gate. He is the captain of the Felicia guards and the most skilled knight in all of Erthia. He vows to eradicate the entire goblin race!

Re: Legend of Erthia The Etheral Gate - Frederick's Theme

Back with more grand sounding gaming music - Thank you, sururick! Sounds great, regal and bristling with a military tone, befitting your hero knight, Frederick. -- You didn't credit yourself in the video though like you usually do.

Thanks for returning with another great layering of Instant Orchestra with Dim Pro and the rest that you use. Nice stuff.

Randy

Sounds like a serious majestic thing. I liked it a lot. I expected some video with it, (there was not any). I also had a heck of a time getting the music to play. I kept clicking and nothing would happen. Maybe it has something to do with those obnoxious advertisements that we get now, because when I backed out and came back in, it worked (without video).
    Anyway I did enjoy the music. Thanks for the post. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    ... I also had a heck of a time getting the music to play. I kept clicking and nothing would happen. Maybe it has something to do with those obnoxious advertisements that we get now, because when I backed out and came back in, it worked...
    Thanks for mentioning that, Jay. For only a short time now, maybe only a week or so, when I open a thread with a video, it comes up the first time as a black box with no working controls. When I reload the page, then the video and controls are displayed and it works. I'm glad to know it's not just me having the problem - I was worried there was something funky going on with my video card.

Another anomaly connected to this problem is that if I have a post with a video in it, if I try to edit the post, nothing shows up in the text box. It's blank and edits aren't possible.

Something new that's haywire with the Forum software, apparently.

Randy

Thanks Randy and Jay for the feedback, I am glad you guys enjoyed the composition.

That is quite interesting about the video issues. I haven't experienced it myself today or when I posted it yesterday.

Evokes feelings of determination and something noble to be fought for. I really am a novice at a lot of this stuff so I hope you will forgive me for asking what do you mean by the Philharmonic Library.

I've always enjoyed your fantasy game compositions, Sururick. So well produced and perfectly true to the world and characters you're creating. Many of these would not be out of place in games today. Especially in the indie zone, which you're in, and in my opinion garners the most respect for creativity and innovation in game design.

Another great piece, with the military styling - perfect for a staunch captain.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

@RichardMC
    Thanks for listening! No worries, what I meant was miroslav philharmonik orchestra, an orchestral sample library.

@Plowking
    Thank you very kindly for the words. I love the whole creation thing: whether it is music or games I just love the creativity.

@Jay
    I will assemble a new video in my next post showing some gameplay footage with this composition along with the one of the main combat themes I am currently making.

Here are some more content from the game:

A map of 65% of the Region of Felicia.

The main heroes of Erthia

Commander of the Etherberg (Leading city of Erthia) Army

Thanks again everyone for listening!

Regards

Richard

Hi Sururick,

Normally I'm not much of a gamer (none in fact) and I mostly hate these annoying beeping little sounds accompanying them, but you brought a new musical dimension in the game world. I really hope other programmers will do that as well. It's an absolute enrichment for the games!

Max

Thanks for the feedback Max,

To be honest I find myself playing less games these days myself. I can't find interest in them. They seem to lack a retro quality that I liked in the older games like Ultima and Might and Magic. Once thing I like about creating LOE is I can design it on how I would like to play a game adding the music to it makes much more enjoyable as well.

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum