• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: FYI: My Cubase SX 2 review on AudioMIDI.com

Share/Bookmark

FYI: My Cubase SX 2 review on AudioMIDI.com

Greetings folks. I just wanted to go ahead and get ahead of the \"piranha curve\" here and post a link to my Cubase SX 2 review on AudioMIDI.com

There is a surround remix of my work linked there - \"A Moment of Humanity\" composed for the Turner Classic Movie Channel\'s Young Film Composer Competition. It includes sounds from Garritan\'s String library, as well as Bigga\'s Orchestral Brass and a smattering of samples from G-town. Just FYI.

Let the feeding frenzy begin.

Re: FYI: My Cubase SX 2 review on AudioMIDI.com

Very cool Houston!

I had just read my e-mail and at the top of the item from the audio-midi mailing list it says \"Houston Haynes Reviews Steinberg Cubase SX 2.0\". I immediately opened the article, then NS, and here you are.

I haven\'t read the review from front to back yet, but I\'m looking forward to it. Lately the sequencer reviews I\'ve read have failed to get into the MIDI details. I can\'t imagine that will be the case here.

I\'m hoping that this thread won\'t turn into a sequencer war. Instead I\'m hoping to learn about the ins and outs of Cubase from a MIDI musician\'s perspective.

Oh, this explains some things in th Steinberg forum [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If I can get the forum to open, I might check it out. I did get a response from Steinberg on some of my assertions there, of course AFTER it was published. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yeah the Steinberg forum is about as stable as their products

Houston, that was a superbly written, informative review. I printed it off, got myself comfortable and really enjoyed it. I have upgraded Cubase regularly since \'Pro24\' days but skipped SX1. Your review is final confirmation of my impending upgrade [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks very much

Frank

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Yeah the Steinberg forum is about as stable as their products
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Stable as a rock here (not their forum of course, Nuendo).

I am sure... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    Houston, that was a superbly written, informative review.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Frank. I enjoyed writing, but would have loved an extra month or two in order to get a lot more details and examples up and available. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

A kind honest article Houston. I liked how u wrote in laymans terms and ran through SX2 `s advantages and strenghts without going over my head. One thing i feel using SX2 is that theres so many untaped possibilities. I once read an article on how u can use the list editor to manipulate Spectasonics Stylus and it really opened my head up to the options. I`d love to read more tips and tutorials on SX2. Just to checkout diff. approaches..Rich

Go Back to forum