• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano Shorty Nr 1

Share/Bookmark

Piano Shorty Nr 1

This itty bitty thing will eventually be included in a volume of short piano works.

Piano Shorty Nr 1

The link leads to Score Exchange, where you may listen to the mp3, or if you have the free Scorch plug-in, you can read and listen, but the sound quality of the mp3 is much better.

Not very difficult.

The mp3 uses GPO Steinway and Fatar midi controller.

Richard

added: the Scorch link is temporarily unavailable. So here is another link, at Box

Piano Shorty Nr 1

Re: Piano Shorty Nr 1

I enjoyed your short piano piece Richard.

I think it one of your more tonal and less complex efforts but it still has that rwayland form.

It sounds like it would work well in a piano collection for students and others. .

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I think it one of your more tonal and less complex efforts but it still has that rwayland form.

It sounds like it would work well in a piano collection for students and others. .

Phil

Yep! it is so tonal it scares me!

I did have in mind that it would be a good learning piece.

Aside: You would not believe how many errors can sneak into such a short work! Every time I sat at my piano with it, I found more things to correct.

Richard

Hi Richard,

This is great. I love the piece a lot. And what did you say? Scared of tonal music? I would say the opposite. Atonal music always creates a distance, but here emerges the eternal discussion: what is atonal? Sometimes it is only the absence of a clearly defined tonal centre or fixed scales. What really frightens me is music without harmonious tissue, without structure. Dissonant harmony can be perfectly OK!
    Your tiny piano piece is indeed a welcome study object for students.

Nice piano btw!

Thanks for sharing,

Max

Greetings, Max!

Your comments regarding tonality were well expressed and quite right. My comment about being frightened by so much tonality was a bit of hyperbolic fantasy. I often comment on atonality, taking great care to clarify that it does not necessarily require dissonance, lack of structure, or serial music, all of which may be a part of it, but certainly not always. I have often considered strict tonality useful for choir singers or barber shop quartet singers of little musical talent.

Richard

Well, Randy, I uploaded a new version, changing two notes. Usually replacing a score is essentially instantaneous, but sometimes it is slow.

I will probably upload the mp3 to box, and provide that link here also.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    "Page not found" on the link - I was curious, enticed by the promise of a bit of tonality.

Randy
    Well, the Score Exchange page has not yet caught up with the current time. Therefore, I am providing an audio link to Box.net.

Richard

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed this and it inspires me to work even harder at counterpoint.

Well, thank you, Richard. Number two will be finished today if I find a bit of time. The "Shorties" will not be restricted to counterpoint, but it will be prominent.

Richard

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast