• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: post steinway light

post steinway light

I recently purchased the steinway d light edition in giga format. I installed the cd as suggested, through use of the .exe file, and the gig installed properlly but there is no help file to be found. Does anyone know where to find it? Also, I noticed a very prominent buzzing (at the moment the note cuts off) when using short valued notes with the piano- my guess is this has something to do with a control that has influences over the various releases- that i would find in the missing help file - is this true?

Thanks in advance

Re: post steinway light

Sorry for the delay in responding; our computers are suffering from attacks by hackers. Web access is very restricted.
    The light edition should have a helpfile on the disk. Maybe youhave one of the first disks, don\'t worry we\'ll put the Help file on-line as soon as I have access to my ftp-server.

The release sound in the Steinway D light you mention is controlled by the modulation wheel. When you turn the wheel all the way up the release sound is totally gone and when you have the wheel all the way down (default value upon loading) the release sound is on maximum amplitude. If you move the wheel you can adjust the release sound to taste and remove any disturbing .

Hope this helps,

Michiel Post

thanks alot,

Originally posted by Michiel Post:

Sorry for the delay in responding; our computers are suffering from attacks by hackers. Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The best way to beat a hacker, is to enlist the help of a better hacker. Its probably just a kid trying to look cool.

I was very excited to hear the news about the mod wheel - but i tried turning it all the way up and unfortunately there was no change at all... I tried a variety of different settings on the mod wheel controller and the release seemed to be always on at the same high level. Any suggestions? Would it help to try re-installing? Thanks again,

Strange, a re-installation will not change this, apperently you have the wrong version on the disk.
    I just checked on my systems ...and you are right. The version on the installation cd is wrong. The mod-wheel control over the release samples is missing. I\'m making an articluation file to update this bug right now. You can either wait untill I have finished the update and have it on-line on our update webpage or fix it yourself.
    It\'s actually quite simple. Simply open the file in the editor, select all release samples (select all velocity layers then select the release dimension field -the right dimension field- and then select all the samples on the keyboard above). Then go to the amp tab and activate the mod wheel as attenuation controller and invert this, then click apply and save the file.

Sorry for the trouble. to be cont.

Michiel Post

thanks alot for the continued support. I will take a look at fixing it myself- if it seems too much for me then i will wait for the .art file - in any case, I appreciate the quick response,

ok, we have the update on-line. While I was working on it I coudn\'t resist making two new instruments that are progressively brighter sounding. Check out the update: Fix

Michiel Post

Dumb question, but how do you a) load an articulaation file b) save an articulation file (say with specific tunings that you like).

J. Grant

The articulation of an instrument determines how the sounds are mapped to regions over the range of a musical keyboard and how those sounds are affected by filters, envelopes, attenuation, tuning, and loop points.

A single region may trigger a number of different sounds depending upon other dimensions of the instrument (velocity of the keystrike, pedal up/down, keyswitches, layers ...).

A complete articulation of a .Gig instrument includes all the settings from the tabs of the Detailed Edit Parameters. These parameters may be copied from any single dimension and you can then be pasted to one or multiple dimensions.

The articulation can also be modified by MIDI continuous controllers. For example a mod-wheel can be used to adjust a filter attack envelope.

Load Articulation File
    Keystroke: [Alt + F + R]

Loads an Articulation file. An articulation file is like a .Gig file but it contains no samples. It only contains the edit parameters, such as envelopes, filters, and attenuations. This can be used to apply common settings to new instruments, the creation of templates and the sharing of instrument edits over the internet. People can create their own edits of large instruments and share them with others who have the same instrument.

Developers often provide articulation file updates for their sample libraries to their customers.

Save Articulation File
    Keystroke: [Alt + F + T]

Saves an Articulation file. This will save all the parameters of an instrument including the Regions, Velocity Splits, Dimension and Detailed Parameters to a file. This file is relatively small as it contains no sample data. The file can then be applied to another .Gig instrument setting all the selected parameters contained in the user-defined articulation file.

Copyright: TASCAM (from the Giga Help System)

Go Back to forum