• Register
  • Help

Topic: (Short) Inception theme using GPO4 and Logic

Share/Bookmark

(Short) Inception theme using GPO4 and Logic

Hey everybody, please check out this (very) short sequence I did using GPO4 and Logic. The theme is taken from "Dream Within A Dream" composed by Hans Zimmer, taken from the movie 'Inception' (2010).

I was curious to see how far I could push the Garritan instruments, since everyone seems to have labeled it as a 'mellow' sample library. So I tried to come up with something that sounded more aggressive. Would love to hear your thoughts/feedback

Please refer to the updated link a few posts below.
    Last edited by anp27; 02-21-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Re: (Short) Inception theme using GPO4 and Logic

Quote Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
    Hey everybody, please check out this (very) short sample I did using GPO4 and Logic. The theme is taken from "Dream Within A Dream" composed by Hans Zimmer, taken from the movie 'Inception' (2010).

I was curious to see how far I could push the Garritan instruments, since everyone seems to have labeled it as a 'mellow' sample library. So I tried to come up with something that sounded more aggressive. Would love to hear your thoughts/feedback!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1rdt8b73syh1r6/Inception.mp3
    Well now, that was fun, Anp27. Sounds pretty good. The brass could come up substantially in the mix, to give it a less mellow, more aggressive sound like you want.

Tech notes - You have a lot of dead air in your file at the start and after the end. That's a matter of making sure you're exporting only the project itself from your music program, and not empty measures that might be at the beginning and end. A handy, and actually an essential tool is an audio editing program where you can fix things like that easily - Audacity is the stand-by Freebie a lot of people use.

The other note is that you've set your Dropbox file up so we have to download it. Somehow, some Dropbox users post direct links so it opens in a new tab and just plays. You might want to look into that.

Randy

Oops, there's nothing in the link...

Max

I didn't get anything in the link either. If you can get it up again I'd liked to have a listen.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Oops, there's nothing in the link...

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    I didn't get anything in the link either. If you can get it up again I'd liked to have a listen.

Ok, I fixed the link, please refer below. Hopefully it will stream the mp3 instead. I also removed the silence in the beginning/end and did some minor tweaks, thanks for pointing it out Randy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19874348/Inception.mp3

Go Back to forum