• Register
  • Help

Topic: Something wrong with this forum?

Share/Bookmark

Something wrong with this forum?

When I do a "preview" then the original messagebox empties itself.
    When I do an "edit message" even so.

Raymond

Re: Something wrong with this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    When I do a "preview" then the original messagebox empties itself.
    When I do an "edit message" even so.

Raymond
    Yes, that's happening to me also, Raymond, and for several days now. I'll write to the administrator.

Randy

I noted this problem over a year ago and was told the problem had to be at my end. There is a solution. I use Microsoft Word to type my data and then copy and paste it into the forum. It works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I noted this problem over a year ago and was told the problem had to be at my end. There is a solution. I use Microsoft Word to type my data and then copy and paste it into the forum. It works every time.
    That's a good tip, Tom. I've used Notepad for writing most of my posts for years now, ever since I had the bummer experience of having some long posts disappear as I was trying to post them.

But we all have different experiences of how the Forum works, depending on our browsers. This particular problem of text boxes coming up blank only started about a week ago for me, after a Firefox update. I'd never seen it before. And for me, it was only happening when I wanted to edit a post of mine that had links and/or pictures in it, or I wanted to reply to someone else's post that had pictures or links - those would come up blank. Copying and pasting the displayed text into Notepad doesn't work in those cases, because the URL info for the pictures and links isn't included.

Notice I used the past tense, because as of this morning, things have returned to normal for me. No text boxes are blank now - hope that holds!

Randy

Randy and others,

please help. It is here again!! Blank boxes. I am using Firefox (19.0)

Raymond

Go Back to forum