• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: lost in the tallweeds

lost in the tallweeds

This song uses jabb horns and e.p. I guess it is a smooth jazz thing. Please give it a listen.
    Thanks, Jay

Re: lost in the tallweeds

Having trouble connecting to the link. I don't know if it's just me or there is some other problem.

Hey Richard. It might be on your end because I just clicked on the site and it came up ok.

Brilliant, Jay. I like it a lot. Soft, sweet jazzy with a wonderful clear guitar.

Excellent rendering too. Bravissimo, I enjoyed it a lot. Please, give us more of this!

Thank you very much Max. I always appreciate a nice comment.

Hey Randy! Thanks for the listen. I am glad that you liked my little jazz piece.

Nice piece. Reminds me of something Earl Klugh would have done with Bob James. Are you playing the guitar or is that sampled?

What a pleasant smooth, easy listen piece. Are you writing for the WAVE radio station now?

Just kidding around... I do really like the mix and the line of this piece. I really sets me adrift in a mental state of relaxation. I really do like your mixing ability. This is cool and well presented. Thanks so much for giving our communtity this. I will sleep well tonight, completely relaxed.

Now how much was live and how much of this piece was Garritan. I know you said the horns were Garritan but what was everything else?

Your last couple of pieces have really shown off your work at getting a certain horn sound and I think this one does them justice.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Richmc! I am pleased that you liked this piece. Saying that it sounds like something Earl Klugh and Bob James might play is a nice compliment. Thank you for that. The guitar in the intro is a demo of "musiclab realguitar". The guitar solo is my live playing. It is a gibson epiphone dot played directly into sonar using line 6 GX.

RichR! Thanks for the nice words. I always try to write things that are fairly easy on the ears. (particularly, my ears). I have learned a lot from this forum on mixing and I am glad that some of the forum education is coming out in my music.
    The horns and the piano are from JABB, the bass is "scarbee mm", the percussion is just a mix and match of a variety of hits from all over the place. The solo guitar is live and the guitar in the intro is using a demo of "musiclab realguitar".

Thank you both for taking time to listen and comment. Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast