• Register
  • Help

Topic: Harpsichord

Share/Bookmark

Harpsichord

Here are two of my works for harpsichord. In both compositions I utilized the Garritan harpsichords in the GPO sample library. In "C-Scape" the orchestral instruments are also from GPO.

"Dramatic Chromatics"

"C-Scape"

My best to everyone.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Harpsichord

Larry,

You're unbelievable. You've really travelled around a lot in the musical world. Is there any period, technique, style that you don't master?

The dramatic chromatic piece is a pure harpsichord composition and so well fit for the (very well sounding GPO) instrument. I think some baroque composers would envy you for your composing technique as well as for your rich fantasy. Wonderful!!!

The second piece (C-Scape) is totally different and a hit as well. I think it would fit very well for a classic accordion too (with some extra possibilities).

Thanks again for sharing these marvels.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Larry,

You're unbelievable. You've really travelled around a lot in the musical world. Is there any period, technique, style that you don't master?

The dramatic chromatic piece is a pure harpsichord composition and so well fit for the (very well sounding GPO) instrument. I think some baroque composers would envy you for your composing technique as well as for your rich fantasy. Wonderful!!!

The second piece (C-Scape) is totally different and a hit as well. I think it would fit very well for a classic accordion too (with some extra possibilities).

Thanks again for sharing these marvels.

Max
    Thanks for the nice message, Mister Max.

Live long and prosper!

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Big round of applause for the return of these lively harpsichord pieces, full of the fun, quirky surprises that we're always hoping to hear when we tune in to the Larry Alexander channel. Thanks much for the re-posts, Mr. Larry!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Big round of applause for the return of these lively harpsichord pieces, full of the fun, quirky surprises that we're always hoping to hear when we tune in to the Larry Alexander channel. Thanks much for the re-posts, Mr. Larry!

Randy
    You're velcome. Thanks for listening.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum