• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Saving ARIA Player Settings

Share/Bookmark

Saving ARIA Player Settings

I'm sorry if there's a better place for this, but I've scoured google with very little help or info on using Finale and Garritan. Is there some way to save the Garritan ARIA instrument loadouts so that they don't have to be reentered every time you create a new document? Thanks.

Re: Saving ARIA Player Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Chidsuey1 View Post
    I'm sorry if there's a better place for this, but I've scoured google with very little help or info on using Finale and Garritan. Is there some way to save the Garritan ARIA instrument loadouts so that they don't have to be reentered every time you create a new document? Thanks.
    I am running on Sonar X1 and several instances of the Aria player. I save the settings on them as templet files in Sonar, and if I start a new project, I just run the templet and all my settings are there. I am not familiar with Finale, but there must be a way to save a project including the settings on Aria. If not, you can save your Aria settings as an Aria preset file and load this when you start.
    Hope this helps

Ted

Hello, Chidsuey - This is a perfectly good place to post questions. Here in General Discussion is where most Forum members check in, so posts are seen by more people here than in the other, now neglected technical Forums.

I think this is in the info you need. It explains how to make your Garritan instruments top priority in scores, so those will be loaded first by Finale when you make a new document:

Sound Maps in Finale

Randy

Thank you both for your responses! Unfortunately, neither have been what I'm looking for. I found I was able to save settings in the standalone ARIA player, but I can't find a way to import it into Finale. And I'm not using the Garritan Instruments for Finale, I'm using GPO 4, so I have to use "EDIT PLAYER" in the Score Manager to assign load and assign each instrument. I'm trying to figure out how I saw that loadout, so that when I start a new document I don't have to reload everything individually. Thank you again!

Tim

Ooooh. Scratch that. I got it now. You have to drag and drop on the player in Finale, it's jsut cumbersome because the player disappears when Finale isn't the current front application. Thank you both again! I shall likely be back soon with some other Finale/Garritan related issue.

Tim

Ooooh. Scratch that. I got it now. You have to drag and drop on the player in Finale...
    Are you sure? On the page I linked to it says:

"...Finale processes all of your instruments, assigning sounds automatically based on your Sound Map priority..."

So, if things are set up right, Finale will assign the instruments in your score to GPO. What are you having to drag and drop for?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ..... What are you having to drag and drop for?

Randy
    Hello Randy,

I was wondering this too?

Tim, first, a warm welcome to our forums. Now, I use Finale with GPO4 and I never have to drag and drop anything onto Aria Player in Finale .. except the registration card after install which can be done in 'Standalone' as well .. but this is only done once.

Once I've setup my score, assigned instruments then save the score this opens again just as I saved it.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    ... I never have to drag and drop anything onto Aria Player in Finale .. except the registration card after install which can be done in 'Standalone' as well .. but this is only done once.

Once I've setup my score, assigned instruments then save the score this opens again just as I saved it.
    Thanks for getting on the thread, Michael - I was hoping a Finale user would help Chidsuey1 out.

His original question was how to have instruments loaded for new documents without loading them one by one. Your reply is about re-opening a score you're working on. But as per the info I posted from that Finale page, in a new document, when you've indicated what instruments you want in a new piece, if GPO is set as the primary sound source, the appropriate instruments are automatically loaded. Isn't that correct?

Chidsuey1, hope you come back to your thread and clarify. At what point are you dragging and dropping? Can't you get GPO set up as the first and primary sound source?

Randy

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question that Ted has asked, but if I want to use a set of instruments in a score that is the same everytime, and want to load those same instruments into the ARIA player in Finale, I go to the top right of the ARIA player where it says "Ensemble" and click on the gray colered box underneath the word "Ensemble" where the dash is located. That opens a menu which includes:

empty
    load
    reload
    save
    GPO
    JABB
    user

If I already have a score set and the instruments loaded into ARIA, I click on "save" and give the ARIA Player a name for that instrument set (for instance, if they are all woodwinds, I would save it as "My woodwinds for orchestra" [or whatever]) and save the setup.

The next time I want the same instruments in another piece of music, I click on the "ENSEMBLE" box at the top right of the ARIA Player and "load" the ensemble setup that I had saved earlier.

Is this what you are talking about?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hello again Randy. Hello Rich,

The strange thing is, at least for me, is that Tim says he's 'got it now' so it seems that Tim has resolved his problem for the most part.

Like you Randy, I just don't understand his solution. Whether using Aria as standalone, in Finale or in Sonar I never have to drag anything onto Aria.

What about you Rich, can you think what this means.

Tim, perhaps you could post again and tell us a bit more about what you need to drag and drop.

Just curious.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum