• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DFH Superior (new Drumkit from Hell) demos available

Share/Bookmark

Re: DFH Superior (new Drumkit from Hell) demos available

Wow....

I\'m pretty figg\'n impressed, which is not easy to do at all. I\'m very particular when it comes to rock.

DEMOS: \"Improve the Isolation\". Finally someone got it right with the kick. Thank you! This kit is totally fat.
    The old one sounded like 80\'s hair metal. My only concern is did they/you get the hat right? That is usually what
    breaks the illusion first (open hat). There needs to be an over abundance of open hat articulations (trust me when I say
    that is the key percussive instrument to glue it all together).

\"Fibes of Steal\" Great demo! Now that is pretty damn close to the \"real sound\" of rock. I\'m impressed. Best
    demo I\'ve heard yet!

I\'m guessing these can sound even better with my own mix (comped snare). I\'m definitely buying this the day it comes
    out! Good job!

Thanks for the heads up. What a deal.

Impressive. Another \"must have\" thing.

Thanks a lot! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go ahead and download the zipfiles and try out the unprocessed variant of \"Improve the isation\" & \"Ludwig Jam\". Also you can wina copy if you enter the contest (check out the news section of the website)

Another demo featuring another kit(rock related) is out now... (Son or Sonor.mp3)

>My only concern is did they/you get the hat right?

The open hat that plays on \"improve the isation\" is actually a \"pedal open\" hat, it is played with the left foot, not with a stick, so that is why it sounds like that.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Cool! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Can you explain briefly the difference in \"Superior\". Were these demo made possible \'only\' by the use of the
    superior
    set, or will I have these kits available to me with this \"lite\" version.

Also: Is there an upgrade from the DFH2 to DFH2-Superior? What\'s the procedure going to be if I
    buy this \"lite\" version now? Thanks.

Anyway.... sounds great for sure!

Hi Kid!

The main difference between dfh2 & dfh Superior is:

Leakage:
    In dfh2 there is natural bleeding trough the OH mics and the Ambience mics as well as some bleeding from kick & toms trough snare bottom mic.

In Superior there is natural bleeding trough all microphones. And you can lower the volume on choosen instruments in choosen mics (for example lower the hi hat leakage trough the snare microphone).

Sounds:
    dfh2 contains approx. 3000 soundfiles from one drumkit, while Superior contains approx. 60.000 soundfiles from 5 drumkits,one percussion kit & a Yamaha cocktail kit.

Tools:
    dfh2 uses Drumsticks only.
    Superior uses drumsticks, felt mallets, brushes and rods.

So in other words, dfh2 is a stripped version of Superior, and Doug Rogers (soundsonline.com) told me earlier that dfh2 buyers was going to get disscount if they bought superior as well, but that is nothing that I am in charge over so you\'ll have to ask him.

About demos, the only demo that is possible with dfh2 is the \"son or sonor.mp3\" demo that uses the same drumkit (Sonor) as dfh2. However on the Superior demo there is leakage trough all microphones and so it will not be exactly the same, and there is a rototom specaial that plays on that demos that arent included with dfh2.

We will put out some demos of dfh2 as well soon....

Read more about \"Superior\" here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/superior.shtml

Read more about dfh2 here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/dfh2.shtml

Best sampled drums I\'ve heard, I think (I only listened through my display speakers).

------------
    Alex Cremers

Will it have built-in auto-alternation of left and right drum hits? I believe Kontakt does this via the cycle robin and cycle round robin. That would be cool.

Go Back to forum