• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How do I get this Pipe Organ sound?

Share/Bookmark

How do I get this Pipe Organ sound?

How do I get exactly this Pipe Organ sound with garritan classic pipes?
    otherwise, which Pipe Organ VST has that sound?

Re: How do I get this Pipe Organ sound?

Well, that isn't a pipe organ, Ronca, so you won't find it in the Garritan Pipe Organs Library. It's some sort of synth version of an electric organ given lots of cathedral reverb to suggest a pipe organ.

It's usually not helpful to want to get Exactly a particular sound, because you can drive yourself nuts chasing the sound down when it ends up not to matter at all how Exact you are - who else knows Exactly what you were after? But various kinds of electric organs are probably the most common synth patches you can find. I suggest you grab most any General MIDI electric organ patch and start trying it out.

Randy

That organ almost sounds like my old Farfisa organ with reverb added. Definitely not a pipe organ.

Jim

If you would have Giga, the best large organ sample is (was?) Notre Dame de Budapest.
    I think if you would get G-Player, you could send me a PM and that Toccata will sound very nice if I get it to you... Unfortunately, the original sample came with convolution, which G-player can not use, still, it would be MUCH better than what you are using now.
    ( I played this at my entrance exam, and I had to repeat my performance because according to the prof he never heard it played so well with the most horrifying fingering he has ever seen...)

Ted

Ronca, if you're actually serious about getting an authentic pipe organ sound for the famous "Toccato and Fugue in Dm," instead of the cheesy electronic organ sound used in that video, the best software organs available are in the Garritan Classic Pipe Organs Library. You don't need Giga or the G-Player - This is the recently released, current pipe organ collection that plays in the Garritan ARIA player which comes with the Library.

Go to this page, and just a bit down on the page, the first demos are of the Toccato - play either one or both. That's the real thing:

Garritan Classic Pipe Organs

Randy

If you are after something somewhat realistic and don't yet have the Garritan organs Library, you could try using GPO4's Baroque Plenum Reeds Organ. I threw a demo together using a Print Music copy I made from the original some time ago, added the Plenum Reeds and put the untweaked version up on my Sound Cloud here:

https://soundcloud.com/#bvstudios/t-et-f-gpo-organ-tst

It's rough, but it shows that GPO can reasonably simulate the sound...

fwiw, hope it helps,

K
    Last edited by BVstudios; 02-26-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: It would help if I could sepl...spell
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    If you are after something somewhat realistic and don't yet have the Garritan organs Library, you could try using GPO4's Baroque Plenum Reeds Organ...
    Hi, Kevin - You're absolutely right, that the organs in GPO are very good and shouldn't be overlooked.

Problem with your link though - It takes me to the SoundCloud front page, and the only MP3 on the page is "Three White Horses" by Andrew Bird. --- ? It says "Marie shares Andrew Bird on SoundCloud."

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Kevin - You're absolutely right, that the organs in GPO are very good and shouldn't be overlooked.

Problem with your link though - It takes me to the SoundCloud front page, and the only MP3 on the page is "Three White Horses" by Andrew Bird. --- ? It says "Marie shares Andrew Bird on SoundCloud."

Randy
    Odd.. it seems to be right for me. However, I reposted the link...if you like, please try again..?

http://snd.sc/XA4iNW

Kevin
    Last edited by BVstudios; 02-26-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Replaced link with a working one.
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    Odd.. it seems to be right for me. However, I reposted the link...if you like, please try again..?

https://soundcloud.com/#bvstudios/t-et-f-gpo-organ-tst

Kevin
    Well, it still takes me to Andrew Bird's "Three White Horses, and this time it says "Tim hears Andrew Bird on SoundCloud." Somehow you're not using the public URL that actually goes to your page. You're seeing a different result because you're signed in as a SoundCloud account holder, but of course we shouldn't need to sign in to hear MP3s there.-- Not sure how, but it's not the right URL, Kevin.

Randy

Here, I typed in the name of your file by hand in SoundCloud's search engine, and now have the URL that goes to your clip.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=%23b...-gpo-organ-tst

--The file sounds pretty fair, Kevin, except that without any reverb on the organ, you're not giving the instrument much of a chance to sound authentic--.

Randy

Go Back to forum