• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing AKAI version for GIGA version possible?

Share/Bookmark

Changing AKAI version for GIGA version possible?

I have some Miroslav Vitous AKAI CD\'s, but I\'d like to have them in GIGA format. Is it possible to exchange them for GIGA format CD\'s, like it can done with Advanced Orchestra (crossgrading)?

Re: Changing AKAI version for GIGA version possible?

Sometimes you buy a sample CD in a certain version, but some time later in becomes available in another version which you prefer. It\'s a bit of a shame you can\'t just exchange them (you payed the full price already).

I think wether this exchange is possible or not, depends on the amount of work a developer has to put in creating these other (and newer) formats. More work is higher costs.

In case of Miroslav Vitous, it\'s not likely, as the Giga format has been created years after the AKAI version was released. But why not just ask ILIO?

Maarten

Maybe it looks as though exchanging a CD is a loss for the producer of the sample CD, but that isn\'t the case at all. If you, for example, have bought a Sample CD in AKAI format, then you of course payed the full price for it. Afterworths you want it in GIGA format. What you do is send back the AKAI CD\'s, so you don\'t posses them anymore. Yet still the full price is payed for the library (so there\'s no loss for the producer)! So now you can receive the other version, as if you bought the library for the first time. (In case the other version costs more, you just pay the extra money it costs more).
    So actually there\'s no loss at all for the producer.

\"But why not just ask ILIO?\". I asked them, but they never responded to my email.

Go Back to forum