• Register
  • Help

Topic: FYI: My M-Audio Studiophile LX4 (5.1) review on AudioMIDI.com

Share/Bookmark

FYI: My M-Audio Studiophile LX4 (5.1) review on AudioMIDI.com

The thread I started in another part of NS didn\'t get much traction, so I thought I\'d repost here. I\'ve become really excited about the possibilities of surround processing, and especially now that Garritan\'s Personal Orchestra is on the horizon. I thought you folks might want to have a looksee into a good system for getting your head around surround.

Here\'s a link to my review of the M-Audio Studiophile LX4 surround system on AudioMIDI.com. Some folks in this forum have had some disparaging things to say about complimentary reviews, and I thought I\'d throw this one in the ring to attempt to counter the bad light cast from those threads.

Let the feeding frenzy begin.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Re: FYI: My M-Audio Studiophile LX4 (5.1) review on AudioMIDI.com

These look cool Houston...

And the price is right. I\'m awaiting the arrival of my copy of SX 2, and I am really excited about the six-channel tracks across the board and what this will offer in the surround world.

I made sure my sound card could handle surround before purchasing but I haven\'t had a monitoring speaker system yet to mix in (and the lack of ac3 export from Cubase is still a little unnerving).

However, in the future, I hope to be releasing all of my tunes on DVD-A and this wonderfully priced package sounds like it would fit my budget and studio perfectly. Thanks for the review,

AL

Re: FYI: My M-Audio Studiophile LX4 (5.1) review on AudioMIDI.com

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    However, in the future, I hope to be releasing all of my tunes on DVD-A and this wonderfully priced package sounds like it would fit my budget and studio perfectly. Thanks for the review
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My pleasure, Al. I would like to see them build more end-to-end media rendering. I\'m fortunate that I have access to Vegas+DVD as well as Sound Forge and CD Architect. I\'m a long way from having anything worthy of a surround DVD, but I\'m re-orienting my entire studio to get up and going.

It will be really interesting to see where the Windows Media Pro encoder goes, as it can deliver surround mixes online. I guess it\'s also up to the number of surround monitoring system hanging off of people\'s computers. As that increases (mainly due to video games), there will be a whole new level of fun and frolic for everyone. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum