• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any GS library sound like the Atmospheres plug?

Share/Bookmark

Any GS library sound like the Atmospheres plug?

I\'ve seen some ads for the Atmospheres plug in that has 3GB of textures, pads and seemingly cool stuff, however, I don\'t want to tie up my Mac processing with it. Anyone know about this plug in and what\'s a comparable library for GS?

Re: Any GS library sound like the Atmospheres plug?

You should check out Ernest Cholakis \"Drone Archeology\" library:

http://www.numericalsound.com/smpcdgig.html

Hans

Tone,
    There is nothing comparable in GS.
    Drone archeology is VERY cool but not at all similair to atmosphere.

Atmosphere is really a big killer warm synth that excells in paddy things but in no way is limited to that.
    Think Triton or 5080 without the meat and potatoes sounds (pianos, rhodes, basses,etc)

My triton and supernova have left the building. Atmoshere as replaced them.
    If your pc is powerfull enough get a vst shell program and run atmosphere on the pc.

thre are \"pad\" libraries out. The XXlarge series had one I believe...
    but....

There isn\'t anything like Atmosphere on the block if you ask me (again I dont have it, jsut know what it is and can do)

A second choice that I ahve fiddled with alot is Absynth, that sucker rocks!!!

King, we all know how you feel about Absinthe, er Absynth!

Absynth is but one of the programs Eric used to create Atmosphere (there are more than two pages by two columns listed in the manual-hardware, softsynths, FX boxes, plugins - just about every device known to midi.

Eric Persing, a division of the synth Museum! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(Not to imply age, jsut stacks o\' gear. There are still hundreds of sounds in Atmosphere I have not yet auditioned, never mind tweaked....

Dasher

Originally posted by ToneBender:
    Anyone know about this plug in and what\'s a comparable library for GS?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Check out BT\'s TWISTED TEXTURES which is available in GIGA format -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-147

agreed!!
    ON STERIODS without the crappy built in effects of the triton.
    WIDER stereo spread then either box.
    Already EQd pretty damn well out of the box!!

--kick\'s Doug--

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

King add\'s,

becuase its got some great sounds that one can use for pads. There\'s also a audio/wave file version. The wave file versions dont have loops, but the gig versions are fully programmed with loops.

Now King\'s opinion

I\'ve got both of BT\'s sets, they are freaking great, but the pads on Twisted T\'s aren\'t all melodic. I think of Atmosphere as more melodic than \"textures\". ed hamilton nailed it in his analogy of the triton/roland synths without the meat and potates, but should have addeed \"on steroids\"

The Distorted Reality series has a few cool sounds as well, but overall you wont get as much cool stuff as Atmosphere.

you may want to try jsut filtering and tweaking the sounds you have. Record a melody with strings or solo strings then formant shift, and time stretch/compress, add all sorts of resonant characteristics, filter....etc.... its actualyl kind of fun [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tho there goes your CPU load.

Go Back to forum