• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Harps released!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Garritan Harps released!

Took me totally by surprise just now - This is the new Garritan Library I've been dying to mention here on the Forum. I've been testing it, and this Library is simply incredible, heavenly! Gary returns to his roots with the best Harps Library ever produced - Go take a listen to the samples!

Garritan Harps

Randy

Re: Garritan Harps released!

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I just listened to the demos. Garritan, as mentioned before, Garritan has the best harps IMO. I used the ones from GPO which is bundled in Dimension pro and GIO. Now this is even better. THis is going to be must have for my library collection. Thanks for the announcement Randy!

I also like the layout of the new site! Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I just listened to the demos. Garritan, as mentioned before, Garritan has the best harps IMO. I used the ones from GPO which is bundled in Dimension pro and GIO. Now this is even better. THis is going to be must have for my library collection. Thanks for the announcement Randy!

I also like the layout of the new site! Looks great.
    You're certainly right on all counts - Beautiful demos of an astonishing Library. People are going to love working with Pedal Mode - closer than ever to playing a physical Harp. Superb samples, superb programming. They could easily have made this the highest priced Library in the collection and the price would have been justified, and then some. Amazing that it's being offered at $100.

I hope this helps generate some life in the ol' Forum here. The Pipe Organs Library was fantastic also, caused a least a ripple of posts in here - C'mon people - This is the kind of thing you're always looking forward to - new Garritan Libraries. You couldn't possibly beat this one - So hope every visits the great looking newly re-designed and integrated websites, listens to the Harps demos, - and then a bit later, hope to hear some great pieces using Harps in The Listening Room!

Randy

Oooh...

Okay, gotta pick this one up...

(Aside: New site doesn't look bad, but why oh why Soundcloud for the sample music? The music samples on the old site were at least 160kbps mp3's (most were 192's with a few 320's which is admittedly overkill). Soundcloud encodes at 128kbps, which even with the best encoder leaves distortion which I can hear, and Soundcloud's encoder is particularly bad. Listening to some of the GPO samples there had me cringing).
    -- Matt Wong

Downloading now!
    Fred

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments everyone. The Garritan team did an excellent job on this release!

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    Oooh...

Okay, gotta pick this one up...

(Aside: New site doesn't look bad, but why oh why Soundcloud for the sample music? The music samples on the old site were at least 160kbps mp3's (most were 192's with a few 320's which is admittedly overkill). Soundcloud encodes at 128kbps, which even with the best encoder leaves distortion which I can hear, and Soundcloud's encoder is particularly bad. Listening to some of the GPO samples there had me cringing).

@Silh

I'll forward your comments to Gary and the team to see if we can add .wav or higher resolution mp3s available as a download to preview. I agree, when stream or listen to most any audio online it all sounds lo-fi to my ears as well.

Here is another video demo of the Harps:

This one features demos of how easy it is to play gliss with the Garritan Harps Pedal Mode enabled. You should be able to set the preview to HD quality for the youtube stream.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Here ya go. Digging thru some examples of features.

Pedal Mode snaps everything to white keys often making things super easy. Lots of fun and you can basically do any gliss a real harp can.

Robert Davis

Dampen release triggers. First go is typical sustain on and off, very abrupt and sudden. Second uses the dampen option which is more realistic.

Robert Davis

An overview of the various Controls within the new Garritan Harps Library

Robert Davis

THANK YOU so much for all the inspiring vids, Robert. I am so stoked this Library is finally out - can hardly wait to hear Forum members putting it to good use!

Randy

Go Back to forum