• Register
  • Help

Topic: Instant Orchestra update now available

Share/Bookmark

Instant Orchestra update now available

An ARIA update a little while back accidentally broke some coding in IO, causing some instruments to come up missing when the user tried to load them.

The MakeMusic support staff has been providing updated installers to IO users who contacted them about the issue, but now the update is available for all IO users directly online.

Erin V. from MakeMusic Support sent me a message this afternoon which included this information:

"...We have now updated the installers for Instant Orchestra. Any new customers who purchase the product will receive the updated installer which will work with the new ARIA engine, and any current users can re-download the program from their account at garritan.com..."

Randy

Re: Instant Orchestra update now available

Hi Randy,

Does that mean we have to download the whole library again, all 900+MB of it?
    The zip file of IO shows version 1031, logically I would take that as meaning dated October the 31st.
    Seems pretty ancient relatively? Is that really the updated version?
    The reason I ask is because I live in the sticks and it will take all day to download that file in the background, due to the lack of speed of DSL here.

Kind regards,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    Hi Randy,

Does that mean we have to download the whole library again, all 900+MB of it?
    The zip file of IO shows version 1031, logically I would take that as meaning dated October the 31st.
    Seems pretty ancient relatively? Is that really the updated version?
    The reason I ask is because I live in the sticks and it will take all day to download that file in the background, due to the lack of speed of DSL here.

Kind regards,
    John.
    That's a good question, John - I do believe that it's the SFZ opcode programming which was fixed, and that the samples are the same. So I suggest when you click to install, at the s t a r t* it asks if you want to do a full install including the samples. Say that you don't, and then you should just have your SFZ file updated. That won't take long to try, since SFZ files are teeeeeeny text files.

The version number means "version 1.031." It was done within the last month.

Randy

* The word "start" wasn't showing up - added the spaces. Another Forum software hack it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    An ARIA update a little while back accidentally broke some coding in IO, causing some instruments to come up missing when the user tried to load them.
    For the record, the previous I/O release had SFZ logic errors, and the new ARIA Engine is more strict.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    For the record, the previous I/O release had SFZ logic errors, and the new ARIA Engine is more strict.
    Always good to see you here, David - Thanks for the post. Yes, so what's most accurate to say is that the new, more strict ARIA Engine update revealed the SFZ errors in IO which were previously undetected.

It's great that now all IO users can get the fix and have all their instruments back.

I want to keep this info boosted so people have a chance to see it before sending in more error reports.

Thanks again, David.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    That's a good question, John - I do believe that it's the SFZ opcode programming which was fixed, and that the samples are the same. So I suggest when you click to install, at the s t a r t* it asks if you want to do a full install including the samples. Say that you don't, and then you should just have your SFZ file updated. That won't take long to try, since SFZ files are teeeeeeny text files.

The version number means "version 1.031." It was done within the last month.

Randy

* The word "start" wasn't showing up - added the spaces. Another Forum software hack it looks like.
    Thanks Randy and David,

Pity I can't just get the sfz files, it'll take about 9 hours to re-download the whole library!
    Oh well! It'll be worth it in the end.

Regards,
    JohnG.

Hi John,

Check your private messages.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hi John,

Check your private messages.