• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maestro Jazz Flute

Share/Bookmark

Maestro Jazz Flute

It´s underway.

Editing has just begun after yesterday´s recording session. I have a whole lot of work ahead of me, the first 60 samples total 118 mb, and 10 keys (3 velocities 2 mics). It´ll be one huge mofo at 24 bit 96 KHz [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I´ll resample a version to 44.1 or 48 KHz for Gigastudio. Dunno which other sample player I´m going to port it to. The flute will have 2 different mic positions and the following articulations:

Legato, 3 velocities
    Straight notes, 3 velocities
    Staccato, 2 different lengths (I might put in another \"layer\" for repetitions)
    trills, half and whole notes
    vibrato, 2 velocities
    flutter tounge, 1 velocity
    effects (melodic stuff)
    singing on notes (it doesn´t really sound that good [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    scale runs up and down
    Harmonics (a couple)
    key clicks for every key
    human sounds (movement, etc)
    breath sounds

Mats

Re: Maestro Jazz Flute

Thank you very much for your effort!

Very cool, Mats. Can\'t wait to hear it.

Got a little teaser for us?

-- Martin

Originally posted by mschiff:
    Very cool, Mats. Can\'t wait to hear it.

Got a little teaser for us?

-- Martin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have some demos of Rolf playing, but no \"real\" demos of the lib. Enough for you to get an idea about the sound. Now this flute has pretty much room sound, which is fine for pop/jazz but I don´t know if the classical heads will adore it... time will tell. I´m off to the choir now, but I´ll upload a demo or two after that.

Mats

Teaser.

Here´s some teasing for y´all [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Roffe was all worn out when he recorded these small bits, just for tone reference. No post processing has been made to the material yet. This is only the main mic, a Studio Projects C4 in cardioid. The other mic (C4 in omni, a metre away, pointing to the right) needs some eq. As I said before, I recorded everything in 2496, so I had ro resample to 44.1 KHz for these demos, and that was made with the free Sample rate converter SSRC (high precision). The gain and dithering was made with Waves L2 in the ultra setting.

http://exce.ath.cx/~route909/audio/flute1.mp3
    http://exce.ath.cx/~route909/audio/flute2.mp3

--UPDATE: A new demo, with the other mic included. It has some Timeworks delay on it, just to show one of the possibilities with the other mic.

http://exce.ath.cx/~route909/audio/flute3.mp3

UPDATE--

I´ll make some real demos when I have cut up something usable from the recordings.

Take care everybody!

Mats

Wow !!! Cant\' wait ... how it will cost ?

Congratulation ... it will be wonderful for spy movies or TV series.

Mathieu Laprise
    Sonomax inc.

Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
    Wow !!! Cant\' wait ... how it will cost ?

Congratulation ... it will be wonderful for spy movies or TV series.

Mathieu Laprise
    Sonomax inc.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I dunno about the cost. I´ll see when I´ve finished it but I´ll be fair. I gotta make a living too... just got fired from where I work, they just declared bankruptcy [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mats

Mats,

Sounds like its going to be very cool. I\'m looking forward to it.

-- Martin

singing on notes (it doesn´t really sound that good
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">damn, well thanks for trying

I just finished a session of cutting up 222 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] samples; The \"straight notes\" with attack, they take up 428 mb. It´s only one of the articulation, so it looks like the 2496 flute will be available on several CDs or a DVD. I´ll see how big the 1644 KHz version will be [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mats

Go Back to forum