• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In demos posted

PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In demos posted

We are proud to present the first PMI Bösendorfer 290 Plug-In demos!
    Thanks to Patrick de Caumette, Aaron Sapp and Chris Yarzynka.

JAZZ setting:
    This is a piece in a typical jazz setting; drum brushes loops from the Peter Erskine library, acoustic bass is from Spectrasonics Trilogy and
    pad and fxs are from Atmosphere.

Classic setting:
    A piece with the EWQLSO.

Pop setting:
    All instruments and vocal by Chris Jarzynka.

Here is a direct link to the PMI Bos290 Plug-In demo page whereyou can find some more solo piano demos.

Re: PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In demos posted

The classic setting is wonderful. What is EWQLSO?

the Mozart demo (which I played in my \"yout\") sounds utterly and completely real.

How is the \"plug in\" different from the pmi I use with gigastudio, which also sounds completely real?

The \"moderate\" system you used for your tests, is still much more advanced than my home situation.

Do you think the \"stand-alone\" version will run on:
    - Athlon Thunderbird @ 900 MHz
    - 512 MByte RAM
    - Terratec EWX 24/96 audio board

\"Luckily\" I\'m a very slow learner, so the pieces I play are quite simple and don\'t demand much of the product.

Hi Nathan, What is EWQLSO? Click here!

Hi John,
    They both sound utterly real to me. The only difference is that the plug-in has the powerful Kompakt playback engine \"built-in\" and it uses 24 bits samples (vs 16 bit in Giga).

Hi Hans,
    Your system is minimal (actually a little above minimal sys specs), so it will work. Don\'t play much more than that good old Dutch \"twee vinger systeem\" though and you\'ll do fine. (Translation: Polyphony may be an issue...).

Is there an upgrade price for owners of the giga version?

These two products are produced by two different companies; the giga version is PMI and the Plug-In is EastWest, so we can\'t offer cross-grades.
    The plug-in is very friendly priced and you can get a huge additional discount when you register the plug-in and buy a full version of NI KOMPAKT or Kontakt.

Go Back to forum