• Register
  • Help

Topic: Movie voice and background noise tracks

Share/Bookmark

Movie voice and background noise tracks

Does anybody know of a source where one can -legally- buy movies with a separate audio track containing only background noise and voices? What I (hobbyist) would like to try is to practice scoring for film and to see what the final outcome would be with the original music of the film replaced by my own.
    Most likely you can\'t buy this anywhere, I guess. But I figure asking the professionals in this forum is still my best bet.
    Thanks!

Re: Movie voice and background noise tracks

Deleted scenes on DVDs often don\'t have any score.

Hasen is right. I noticed the other day that the Jackie Chan movie Shanghai Knights has quite a few deleted scenes. It also has some \"deleted scenes\" with additional footage in the middle. So in other words, the scene is still in the movie, it just has extra content in it. For example; some fight scenes were trimmed down as they went too long.

The good thing is, you can watch the scene without any music, do your own take on it and then compare it to what composer Randy Edelman came up with in the finished movie. A great way to compare your composing instincts against a professional.

Wizoo makes a collection like this, check on their site, it is in 5.1 but I think there is a stereo version of this... it has all the ambient sounds (cars driving be, people\'s conversations overheard, dogs barking) that you\'d ever want in a scoreless film.

AL

Great suggestions, guys. Thank you very much for your replies!!
    Jens

Go Back to forum