• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: WaaHooo!! My first paying gig...

Share/Bookmark

WaaHooo!! My first paying gig...

...Well sort of. I \"bartered\" with a website designer / host. This short 15 second cue in exchange for designing my website. I\'ll throw together one or two more for the hosting. I am certainly not to the point of paying my light bill, but its a start.

http://www.robelliottmusic.com/mp3.html

For you pros out there, I am sure writing for \'logo music\' (15 seconds) is easy, but for me it was tough to get it right.

This was used during the fade-in of the company\'s logo.

The direction was as follows:
    \"I wanted something cherub-like, that sparkles!\"

I am not making this up. So let me know what you think.

BTW, I recorded live a young girl\'s voice a few times over. I couldn\'t get there with Vota.

Rob

Re: WaaHooo!! My first paying gig...

Awesome.. too bad its so short.. wanna hear a longer version, hehe. Nice sound too, did you mix it your self?

/Tobias

Hi Tob,

Before I forgetto - thanks again and again for all the sounds you have provided to so many of us (I really have enjoyed just jamming on that church organ)

Yea short tunes are really hard to write. You just get started and....

I did mix that myself (unless you think its really crappy, then I\'d have to say my next door neighbor\'s punk rocker did it... ; )

Thanks again Tob.

Rob

Grats and great work Rob! If I didn\'t have all my sounds turned off on my comp\'s, that\'s the kinda thing I\'d actually like to hear when booting up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I\'m terrible with short things. I\'ve tried, but it always ends up sounding like something longer taken out of context. Yours could become much more, but it really sounds good exactly as it is. That\'s tough to get right. Very nice!

mike

Rob. I always dig your stuff and its great. But I somehow find it a bit too complicated for a logosound/themesound. But then again - if client smiles - so do I.

Love - Chris

Very very...nice..making 15 sec of music that I sort of remember after first listen must be a good thing...

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Rob. I always dig your stuff and its great. But I somehow find it a bit too complicated for a logosound/themesound. But then again - if client smiles - so do I.

Love - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s funny Chris but since I\'ve completed this I have really been keyed into logo music and notice the very same thing you pointed out (you know when you buy a red Accord that\'s all you see on the road.) Some have only a single string line. Much of it is quite minimal. Oh well, good thing my client doesn\'t know I\'m clueless ; )

Seriously, he really dug it(probably more than I). So that\'s 1 for 1 in happy customers. Can\'t wait for the first \'that\'s utter rubbish!!!\' response from a client.

Mike,

Yea, I think it would be a tough writing gig to come up with these every day. I thought I could get this done if a few hours and it took me a day and half.

Rob

I thought your piece was just terrific. Memorable after one listen. Seems perfect to me.
    Jim

Cool piece, Rob!

Congrats Rob!

Be careful - you\'ll get addicted to earning money like this... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It\'s a great feeling. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum