• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB 2 In Kontakt 5 Problem

Share/Bookmark

JABB 2 In Kontakt 5 Problem

I am still using JABB 2 in Kontakt 5 and am experiencing problems with drawing in modulation. Overdubbing with the mod wheel works fine but drawing them in creates noise. I think this is also a problem using Garritan COMB.

Maybe it's time to upgrade to JABB 3 and COMB 2. I do have libraries that require Kontakt so I haven't felt the need to upgrade unless there are now issues with Garritan products and Kontakt 5.

Anyone have some knowledge or ideas about this?

Phil

Re: JABB 2 In Kontakt 5 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I am still using JABB 2 in Kontakt 5 and am experiencing problems with drawing in modulation. Overdubbing with the mod wheel works fine but drawing them in creates noise. I think this is also a problem using Garritan COMB.

Maybe it's time to upgrade to JABB 3 and COMB 2. I do have libraries that require Kontakt so I haven't felt the need to upgrade unless there are now issues with Garritan products and Kontakt 5.

Anyone have some knowledge or ideas about this?

Phil
    What an odd problem, Phil! Recording CC1 and drawing it in should, of course, have the same results, so should look the same when studying the data in a Piano Roll View. My only guess is that you accidentally have more than one layer of data in the track. Conflicting volume control can cause pretty bad noise since it's making the volume jump up and down erratically. Once in awhile I'll accidentally have two layers of data going on, and I fix it by sweeping through and re-doing it with my cursor in the data pane in PRV.

I really don't see how it could be a Kontakt 5 problem. I still have and use KP2!--for when I want to use the Stradivari or Gofriller. If you have that, you could try things out there, since I know the older versions of Garritan still work in it - But, for now I'm sticking with my theory about conflicting data.

Randy

Re: JABB 2 In Kontakt 5 Problem

Thanks for the information Randy.

I'll do some experimenting with the modulation settings and see if I can find where the problem is coming from. I can also try it in Studio One which I picked up for 1/2 off and see if it could be a DAW issue because of the recent major update to Metro which I have already found a bug in and also unexpected crashes on occasion.

Phil

Go Back to forum