• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: free ensemble tenor trombone samples

Share/Bookmark

free ensemble tenor trombone samples

Last summer I tried my hand at sampling for the first time, and I was met with mixed results regarding the recording, but I learned alot doing it. I recorded 3 trombones in one of the concert halls here at school -university of north texas. Like I said, I learned alot from my mistakes, but the samples came out quite usable and really do blend well with other ensembles.

Thomas was kind enough to program them for me, despite his busy schedule (I mean, if yer gunna try to sample brass, who better to ask?) And Tobias is being most generous hosting these files for me. They\'ve both worked hard and given so much of their time on other projects which they made freely available to us all, and this wouldn\'t be here either if not for them.

I broke up the patches into multiple .rar files, as the overall file size is fairly large (138mb). They are divided up by articulation, and within each style there is usually a muted version as well as the open one. Use the mod wheel for the long tones patches to crescendo/decresc through the layers, etc. The \"Crazy Stuff\" rar file is actually just the unprogrammed wave files of the bones playing various staccs, sfz\'s and general wackiness. They never got programmed, but there are quite a few useful things in there. Everything else is in .gig format.

You can DL them via Tob here:

http://62.13.11.115/mikebones/

Again, these are far from SAM quality, but hey -they\'re free!

Mike

Re: free ensemble tenor trombone samples

looks like its really slow now.. people, please be cool, the bones will be online for a long time.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The last patch in the directory

Trombones%20Regular%20Sustains%20X-Fade%20MP-FF+Marc.rar

does not appear to be available - I get a file unfound message. Downloaded the rest fine. Maybe too many people trying right now.

Originally posted by scores4film:
    The last patch in the directory

Trombones%20Regular%20Sustains%20X-Fade%20MP-FF+Marc.rar

does not appear to be available - I get a file unfound message. Downloaded the rest fine. Maybe too many people trying right now.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Youre right, somethings wrong with that file.. have to check that tomorrow when i get back to work.

Can someone clue me in what the fundamentals file is. I\'d like to know before investing quite a bit of time to download. Thanks.

thanks for share with us but the link is dead for me [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] i´ll try again later
    thanks anyways

Wow. Incredible quality for free. People like you, tob, thomas and maarten should once again be applauded for your stunning free giveaways. This industry is often such a guarded one, it\'s great to see such generous people that are willing to share out there!

I have not had too much time, but I tried the marcato and found it superb. I can\'t wait to try out more. Is there a possibility of you distributing this via CD, for a price of course?

Mike and Tob, it is utterly cool for you guys to share your sampling work and ftp space.

Thanks!!!!!!

I did the programming on most of the patches I think, and while there\'s certainly room for improvement, the samples definitely hold up against (and even beat) many older commercial libraries out there. It\'s free and it couldn\'t be more of a steal! If you\'re looking for ambient sampled trombones, look no further (until SAM bones comes out) - you\'ll love them.

Thanks to Mike for this generous gesture.

Thomas

The fundamentals (or pedal tones if you wish) are the lowest tones producable on the trombone. They go down to C below low E(1) and are very powerful sounding. It\'s not something that is used a lot in orchestral music (because you have the bass trombone doing this with much more security of tone) - not to mention that there are several notes that have intonation problems that cannot be fixed. They are the lowest partials of the trombone, produced by widening the embouchure considerably.

Thomas

Go Back to forum