• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DIVA impressions

DIVA impressions

Hey guys - I received Bela D Media\'s DIVA Classical Female Soloists after taking advantage of their discount offer, and am really impressed. I imported the Giga version into HALion 2 and was beginning to tweak the settings in order to take full advantage of the ensembles - but got sidetracked by the immediate musicality of the various presets, and immediately set up a template in Cubase SX 2 to begin scoring a spec video demo.

This library falls right in the wheelhouse of the mood in the scene, and some of the results practically left me in tears. I can\'t wait to see what they do with the native HALion version, and am looking forward to adding their DIVA extended as well as the male soloists to my library.

Thanks to Frank Belardino and the rest of the good folks at Bela D Media for a tremendous product! I plan on posting the demo to this thread once it\'s done - and hope that it is up to your high standards. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I\'m also looking forward to creating some scoring templates of this library with Garritan\'s Personal Orchestra. I think Richard Wagner would do the same thing if he was alive today. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: DIVA impressions

Hey Houston,

I just ordered my copy for Kontakt TODAY! I can\'t wait for Mr. Postman to come...

I am looking forward to the same experiences,

Great - you\'re going to like it a lot. With DIVA Extended (already have mine on pre-order) you get the straight tones as well.

I wonder what the differences in programming between the Kontakt and Giga versions would be?

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:

I wonder what the differences in programming between the Kontakt and Giga versions would be?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I would like to know this as well. If I get this product I\'m leaning towards the kontakt version over giga...Good idea?

Thanks for the kind words Rob [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

After hearing people complain that using Kontakt to internally convert Gigastudio programs can make a mess of certain types of patches, Francis asked me to \'go native\' and make Diva for Kontakt as faithful a reproduction of the Gigastudio release as possible, and that\'s what we did.

This version has everything which is in the latest Gigastudio release - and then some.

Kontakt let us go a little further in terms of crossfade patches which use more than four layers and slightly more exotic keyswitching which allows us to layer and switch patches which have dissimilar region layouts - a bit of a limitation for the GS editor.

The only negative thing I have to say about the experience is that I\'m obviously getting old and need a bigger monitor. For guys like me, Kontakt should come with a magnifying glass [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

you should ahve seen me when I was programming some of QLSO...

I built a bunch of macros and mouse movement scripts for editing in Kontakt.

I cant believe that they didn\'t impliment standard windows controls like tab and shift-tab

and I\'ve said it before and I\'ll say it again, there\'s something inherently wrong when your mouse cursor is bigger than many of the input boxes.

hehe, I hear you King.

I never got used to having no right click, and I just don\'t understand why everything has to be so micro-miniature - I even went to the trouble of leaving a dash and a space at the end of most program titles so that the name and .nki extension didn\'t become one big blur in that teeny browser font...

I am glad I asked then. I\'ll go with the kontakt version.

I sent an inquiry to Frank Belardino, and got this list of \"instruments\" for DIVA Extended. Not only is the information promising, but the response and support that I\'ve gotten has been tops. Here\'s the info:

Here\'s a general list of what you\'ll get with DIVA Extended:

Two octave range from starting at A below middle C.

Straight Tone
    Delayed Vibrato
    Mod Controlled Vibrato
    Staccato Vowels

Things are moving very fast for us. DIVA Extended was just recorded and will be released in December.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m really excited about the full DIVA line, and am looking forward to adding this to what is already a highly effective library.

I\'m really curious about DIVA By Design library too. Surround is just now becoming an integral part of my studio, and this promises some pretty nifty 5.1 prefab sounds. Way cool. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hey Vash,

If your more comfortable in Kontakt go with Diva in that format. Rick Chadwick has done some very good things in the transfer. I don\'t think you will be dissappointed.

Go Back to forum