• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Petite Fantasie Hongroise, dedicated to Randy

Share/Bookmark

Petite Fantasie Hongroise, dedicated to Randy

I hope Randy you'll forgive this old man to dedicate music to you, but you have helped me so much, directly and through your generous help to others. that I hope you'll take as a musical "thank you"; the first piece done trying to follow your advises.
    It contains a few songs in the style of my people, especially people living around our Lake Balaton, where I lived.

thankfully

Ted

https://www.box.com/s/muqeh7t5ptc1akyh35mi

Re: Petite Fantasie Hongroise, dedicated to Randy

This is a great listen for me. It has a nice gentle flowing sound to it and the render is nice. I am curious as to who your "people" are. Thanks for the great post. Jay

Thanks for the kind words. The people are Hungarians. (Hongroise), They are the ones getting up in 1956 against the Soviet might, loosing 35000 lives in 14 days and 200.000 escaping the returning Soviets. Me, one of them.

Ted

Right from the start, I was lost. This is a great piece of music. At that time I was 12 and we all gathered around the Sovjet Ambassade for a protest march. It didn't help. The only thing to do right now, is what you are doing, remembering with a nice, sad, melodic piece. A very nice recording.

Raymond

This is really some kind of red letter day for me - Today, two pieces in our Listening Room dedicated to me - I'm speechless. It's an extremely good blessing you've bestowed upon me, Ted. I am amazed anyone would find my efforts here at the Forum worthy of a musical dedication. Deep thanks.

And for the music - I'm blessed even more. The music is wonderful - European folk motifs of all sorts can really weave a magic on me, and the way you've use your Hungarian songs to compose this beautiful, haunting piece is a wonderful achievement. Beautifully done in every regard.

Congratulations to you on birthing something extremely special. I can't imagine anyone not being touched by how you've masterfully used your art to say all you say in this wondrous piece.

Thank you for posting your music, and for the dedication. I accept both with much gratitude.

Randy

Ted -

Yes. . . This is beautiful. Your music provides good and deeply respectful memory of "your people" and all of the history associated with your country. I share the gratitude that you have towards the support that Randy shares to this on-line community. Dedicating this piece to him really is an honor and I know that he genuinely recognizes that honor you give him.

It was a pleasure hearing this piece. It is well "rendered" which serves to represent your composition in a good light. Curious. What did you use to achieve this result? Which instrumental libraries? Which DAW and/or notation program?

Ted. . . I really like your name! I thank you for sharing this wonderful composition. In sharing it, you also shared an important part of yourself and all that influenced you to be you. To this I say, "Thank You".

Respectfully,

(The Other) Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thanks Ted:

Thanks for listening to my work.
    I use a laptop with 8 RAM, Cakewalk Sonar X-1, a Lexicon interface and That piece was done 100% GPO. I used to use Gigastudio 3 Orchestra, have still the samples and sometimes use them with G-player.
    Randy really helped a lot to get more out of GPO and with his advise re mixing. He truly is a treasure and full of kind understanding for guys like me, not very smart at computers.
    Thanks again

Ted (This is Theodore, not Edwards)Are you Theos doros? The gift of God?

Hi Ted -

No. . . I'm an "Edward" which, according go "Google" is made of two Old English words, "ead" meaning wealth (or "prosperous" or "fortuned") and "weard" meaning "guardian" (or "protector"). I sure do NOT live up to the meaning of my name! LOL! I'm also a "Junior" bearing the same name as my father. My father's nickname is "Ed" and my nickname, as you know, is "Ted". This helped to avoid confusion in the household. To be clear, it does not matter what you call either of us, though. Just do NOT call us late for dinner! HA!

You created beautiful sound with your computer and software, Ted, both compositionally and in "audio engineering" your piece. It seems that you learned much from our friend, Randy. It also shows that with time and effort, one can make the GPO library sing!

Cheers, Ted!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Hi Ted,

This made me subdued, struck with so much absolute and yet simple beauty. The fact that you started from the music of your soul, of your courageous people, makes it even more heavenly. If you follow this forum from time to time, you will certainly know that I'm born and bred in central European folk music. That's why your piece appeals so much to me. It means a lot hearing our precious music performed so purely and naturally, releasing all the emotions you must have felt leaving your dear country. And what a comforting idea to translate them into such sensitive music. Only true emotions can lead to pure beauty. That's exactly what you've realised. Honestly, I was deeply moved by the piece.

A big round of applause for the outstanding rendering, it gives the notes even more splendour.

Thank you so much for sharing this gem!

Max

Dear Max:

Thanks a lot. You understood. A composer can not hope for more than what you gave.

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast