• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee R.S.P.'73

Scarbee R.S.P.\'73

Hi Everyone,
    I just received the R.S.P.\'73, and I must say am delighted [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I have owned several \"real\" Rhodes over the years, and this one is a superb and exact library. The \"growl\" and \"bite\" in the mid and lower range are identical to my old Mark 1. My previous favorite Rhodes sound was the Roland \"Studio Rhodes\" on the SRX-03 Studio expansion. It has a similar timbre, but not the velocity control of the R.S.P. This library feels just like the real thing to play.
    My only disappointment is that I would love to have a Tremlo/chorus effect, but I believe Thomas is working on this. Hopefully GS 3.0 may address the FX issue
    Once again, well done Thomas [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Scarbee R.S.P.\'73

Ditto - the RSP kicks @ss [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I love this Scarbee Rhodes too! Doesn\'t get any better than this!

Hi...where are some good places to order this Rhodes? And how does it compare to the Xsample Rhodes and to the Purgatory Creek Rhodes available from Bigga Giggas (a great value by the way)? Thanks.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

The Scarbee Rhodes is in a league all it\'s own. It\'s like the best Rhodes you\'ve ever played, frozen in time.

I have to eat some crow. I gave Scarbee some grief because I thought his talent was wasted on a Rhodes knockoff. Silly me. I should have realized it was a match made in heaven.

Anyone who has ever put in time on a Rhodes, and has played Scarbee\'s library can back me up on this one--after a couple of minutes you get a tactile sensation of playing an actual Rhodes.

Scarbee, this is a great library. You should be proud. It sounds so real that it even feels real.

Yep....I\'ve been playing it all day through my Mackie 824\'s. Superb sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, thanks a lot my friends! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes -it was a crazy project, but I love to play on it myself too. The Wurly is getting restored right now by a professional Wurly-freak (Yeah we had some great talks... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

He said that my Wurli was in a very rare good condition - probably not opened since 1973...

I bought it from an old couple who had had it in their closet for 15 years. They bought it from a little music school so that he could play on it -but he never did.

Even though I love the Rhodes sound I almost love the Wurli sound even more..

PS. Kontakt version is done now. It will be free to registered RSP73 users. and be a a part of the next MULTI versions.

It has been programmed natively - and is perfect.

Thanks for the nice words.

Originally posted by Mega:
    Hi...where are some good places to order this Rhodes? And how does it compare to the Xsample Rhodes and to the Purgatory Creek Rhodes available from Bigga Giggas (a great value by the way)? Thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Mega,

Go too www.scarbee.com and you can buy it there.
    If you are a student (and can prove it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) you get 50% off.

Thanks, Scarbee. I will check it out. By the way, I am always a student of life [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scarbee, just have to say thanks for such a wonderful instrument. The Rhodes is spot on perfect in sound and feel!!! It even won an impromtu head to head vs. the Lounge Lizard with about a half dozen old school fusion guys! They were blown away...and I quote \"Well, looks like I\'ll have to buy a PC after all...\" They even started asking tons of questions on how to make a GS rig road-able and these are die hard Mac guys. The excitement was infectious! After they found out there was an EXS24 version they were even more fired up.

HUGE Thumbs Up!!!

Thanks again!!!

Go Back to forum