• Register
  • Help

Topic: is that a tuba or are you happy to see me ;)

Share/Bookmark

is that a tuba or are you happy to see me ;)

ok well I am sure you guys get silly questions all the time like \"what sample library will make me sound like john williams and the boston pops?\"
    But here it goes anyhow [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have been making some classical scores for awhile and have just decided my sound is holding me back and am looking into sample libraries. I have both a mac and a pc in my studio. I also have a sampler that will take roland sample cd\'s but yet I cant figure out what is better. I am torn between \"giga is better\", \"go with akai\", \"spend 4,000 dollars on the vienna\". I just want to make classical sounds do I really have to spend 4000 bucks?

I am thinking about getting machfive when it comes out so I can try out everything. Can any of yous guys give me your professional opinion on what I could do?

Re: is that a tuba or are you happy to see me ;)

VSL giga VSL giga VSL giga VSL giga VSL giga VSL

I can´t afford it, but I see all the smiling faces on this forum. That´s more than enough to recommend it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By the way... what means \"AKAI\" ???

as much as I love VSL, you may also want to wait for East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra. It will have alot of \"huge\" sounding brass if tahts what you\'re after. Its really pretty amazing sounding if you ask me. Thats coming from a VERY happy Vienna user. I still suggest Vienna as well, jus tbecause I\'ve never heard a sample library sound more realistic in so many ways.

If you\'re after \"huge\" stuff now, cheack out Dan Dean Brass Ensemble and SAM horns and upcoming Bones.

but if its Tuba you\'re after as well as a \"huge\" sound its going to be EW/QLSO taht you\'ll want.

The King means SAM Horns... not SA\'K\' Horns. ;-)

Ed

doh...fixed...

freaking headache today

Go Back to forum