• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 32 bit ARIA problem on a new Win 8 64 bit notebook-Sonar hangs

Share/Bookmark

32 bit ARIA problem on a new Win 8 64 bit notebook-Sonar hangs

I Have a Win 7 32 bit Desktop (my original system with all Sonar music files) and a new Win 8 notebook.
    ARIA installed from latest Garritan Harp program
    Aria Player 1.620
    Aria Engine 1.625 Win x64 and also (x86)
    Sonar X2a build 351 (x64)

My problem:
    I can create a Sonar file made with the 32 bit version of ARIA either on the Desktop or Notebook but after I save and reload it, it hangs Sonar X2a when trying to reopen reopen.

Here are some examples:

Desktop Win7 32 bit

Created on Win 732 with Aria x86 and transfer to notebook = Hangs Sonar on 64 bit Win 8 Notebook

Notebook Win 8 64 bit

Create on Win 64 bit with Aria 32bit - save and reload = hangs Sonar
    But opens on Win 7 32 bit desktop

Create on Win 64 bit with Aria 64bit - save and reload = OK
    Also opens on Win 7 32 bit desktop

When I try to open an older 32 bit Sonar file with ARIA 32 bit I get the following message

-----------------------------------------------------
    Locate VST Plug-in

The following VST plug-in CLSID could not be matched with an entry in the VST 
    plug-in list. Please identify the plugin from the nearest matches listed below

Original Name: ARIA Player VST_x86 (File=ARIAPL~1 Id=1195463233
    Original CLSID: {141AC902-4741-5241-4152-4941.504C7E31.)

ARIA Player (There is a dropdown list here with 3 choices but only one is 32 bit) V

New CLSID• {141AC902-4741-5241-4152-494120506C61}
    New Path: c:/px86)/cakewalk/vstplugins/Garritan/ARIAw/Garritan/ARIA Player

OK Cancel
    ----------------------------------------------

Selecting the match above (the only one that points to a 32 bit ARIA) still hangs Sonar

Both 64 and 32 bit ARIAs are listed in the Sonar X2 Utilities/plugin Manager window.

Any ideas?

Re: 32 bit ARIA problem on a new Win 8 64 bit notebook-Sonar hangs

Hi Fred,

This sounds like something funky going on with the way VST and unique IDs are handled via SONAR's 32/64 bit bridge. Can you send your ARIA logs?

Best Regards,
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hi Fred,

This sounds like something funky going on with the way VST and unique IDs are handled via SONAR's 32/64 bit bridge. Can you send your ARIA logs?

Best Regards,
    Chad
    Couldn't find any .log files in either the 32 or 64 bit Plogue locations How do I get to the ARIA logs?

Fred

Hi Fred,

Please follow the instructions in this FAQ article:

http://www.ariaengine.com/faq/index....=92&artlang=en

Thanks,
    Chad

OK Got it.
    Where should I send it?
    Thanks,
    Fred

PMed you my email. I'll forward to Plogue.

Thanks,
    Chad

I'm glad I don't have the hanging problems, sorry you are, Fred - but I bet Chad and the folks at Plogue can suss that problem out.

However, I do have this same thing happening:

"...When I try to open an older 32 bit Sonar file with ARIA 32 bit I get the following message

-----------------------------------------------------
    Locate VST Plug-in

The following VST plug-in CLSID could not be matched with an entry in the VST plug-in list. Please identify the plugin from the nearest matches listed below.

Original Name: ARIA Player VST_x86 (File=ARIAPL~1 Id=1195463233
    Original CLSID: {141AC902-4741-5241-4152-4941.504C7E31.)

ARIA Player (There is a dropdown list here with 3 choices but only one is 32 bit)

New CLSID• {141AC902-4741-5241-4152-494120506C61}
    New Path: c:/px86)/cakewalk/vstplugins/Garritan/ARIAw/Garritan/ARIA Player..."

It hasn't been a problem really - It happens whenever I open a project made with the previous version(s) of ARIA, but just clicking the correct name that Sonar has suggested fixes it.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I'll let you (and everyone) know what the solution is.
    Thanks,
    Fred

The Bit Bridge is a horrible hack that is not supported by ARIA.

Sonar x64 users should use the x64 build of ARIA.
    Please make sure ARIA Player VST_x86.dll is not available to Sonar on your W8 machine, since Sonar can't automatically choose the right VST automatically (yes Ive mentionned that before to them since 8.5)

Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    The Bit Bridge is a horrible hack that is not supported by ARIA.

Sonar x64 users should use the x64 build of ARIA...
    Hi, David - Thanks for helping Fred out - It's always great to see you here.

In Fred's original post, he said he's on a 32 bit computer. But Fred, I'm now seeing something I'm confused by in your first post:

"...I Have a Win 7 32 bit Desktop...Sonar X2a build 351 (x64)..."

How are you running 64 bit Sonar on your 32 bit machine-?

There does have to be a confusion of .dll files here. Fred, as David is saying, make sure only the correct bit version is in your Cakewalk VST folder. I'm on a 64 bit machine, so I have two Program File master folders, and two versions of Sonar. I have only the 64 bit ARIA in Program Files>Cakewalk>Vstplugins, and only the 32 bit ARIA in Program Files (x86)>Cakewalk>Vstplugins.

David's advice about making sure you're using the correct .dll files is probably going to solve your problem. You definitely don't want to use BitBridge with ARIA - but that makes me think again about the confusing info that your computer is 32 bit--?

The problem I share with you of older projects having the "Locate VST Plug-in" error is unrelated to a confusion of .dll types. I'll open an older 32 bit project, Sonar doesn't automatically load ARIA, I select ARIA from the list - and the problem's over in an instant. Then of course when the project's re-saved, it opens in the usual way from then on. This has been happening only since the newest 1.620 version of ARIA.

Randy

Go Back to forum