• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale can't find GPO or JaBB

Share/Bookmark

Finale can't find GPO or JaBB

My hard drive died and I replaced it. Now Finale 2011 does not see my GPO or JaBB!@$#
    Can anyone steer me towards the file I need so I can download it and insert it in My Finale folder?

Thanks,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Finale can't find GPO or JaBB

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    My hard drive died and I replaced it. Now Finale 2011 does not see my GPO or JaBB!@$#
    Can anyone steer me towards the file I need so I can download it and insert it in My Finale folder?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bummer, Bill! But with a new hard drive, don't you need to completely re-install the Libraries so they get on your computer's registry?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Bummer, Bill! But with a new hard drive, don't you need to completely re-install the Libraries so they get on your computer's registry?

Randy
    Hi Randy, No I have the libraries installed. My problem is that Finale does not see them. I thought there was a file that needed to be placed in the Finale folder for it to recognize those libraries, possibly in the VST Plugin folder.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi Randy, No I have the libraries installed. My problem is that Finale does not see them. I thought there was a file that needed to be placed in the Finale folder for it to recognize those libraries, possibly in the VST Plugin folder.

Bill
    AH, good, so you've already re-installed. The VST .dll file needs to be in any music program's VST folder for it to find the plugin. Do that!--Have Finale re-scan the folder! Report back! Dismissed!

Randy

Hello Bill,

WOW .. We recently had a similar scenario where a member also had his hard drive replaced and lost his GPO funcionality. This didn't involve Finale though, it was with Reaper.

That was quite some thread where we just about covered everything we could think of .. and more besides.

Anyway, back to your situation.

I'm now on Finale 2012 so can't check out Finale 2011's folders for you. The usual cause of Finale not finding Garritan libraries, as I expect you already know, is due to a .txt file or some .dll missing from the Finale folder/s.

I've provided a link below to Make Music's Garritan libraries integration with Finale. There are also download links for all the files needed.

Make Music Garritan Libraries With Finale Information and Files Downloads

For each library listed there is full information for Finale 2011 together with full, detailed instructions. I'm certain you'll find the information and the files needed there.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael, you are a genius. I looked for that page all afternoon! - this change-over is driving me Kerraazzy!

Best Regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Michael, you are a genius. I looked for that page all afternoon! - this change-over is driving me Kerraazzy!

Best Regards,
    Bill

Did as it described. That's great. It works - Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum