• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EW/QL VSL London

EW/QL VSL London

My parents are definitely going to get me the percussion from EWQL, VSL, or London. I just don\'t know which one to get....You guys are more experienced. Can you tell me which one is the best? and if there is no best, the different advantages? Or are they all the same stuff? Or will GPO be enough? (I\'m getting GPO from my girlfriend [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: EW/QL VSL London

Listen to the demos. There is no reality. Only perception. Preferences are personal. Especially when it comes to music.

Isabella Rowlins

Hi Ryan, this question has actually come up a few times;

I ended up going with LOP but having EWQLSO as a VST and the inbuilt ambience would be a very attractive option too.

I only own EWQLSO, but I can really, really certify that the percussion is FANTASTIC.

Originally posted by RyanFormato:
    (I\'m getting GPO from my girlfriend [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey! Gimme her number! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Well maybe at your place I\'d go for QLSO, because then you can \"upgrade\" to the other parts of the lib (strings etc). I have LOP and it\'s sur 100 % satisfying, too.
    Good luck,

Olomouc; Czech Republic

LONDON: Many instruments, HIGHLIT OF the SET - about 3 types of each instrument included.
    EWQLSO: GREAT, Ambience, overal sound! fantatic!
    VSL: not much instruments, souns bad (for me)

I´l take EWQLSO (ambience is miracle) or LONDON OP

I always use LOP for my percussion, it\'s really a solid percussion collection. QLSO is not as extensive as LOP, but the ambience more than makes up for it. The timpani is reason enough to get QLSO I think. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Isabella is right. Almost all the orhcestral libraries have something good to offer. Which you prefer is personal preference and depenedent on the use. I would say: Get everything and combine. I have yet to find _THE_ library.

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    I would say: Get everything and combine. I have yet to find _THE_ library.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, but the question remains, which should be _THE_FIRST_ percussion library that one should purchase?

Ryan, you might listen closely to the GPO demos and decide which percussion sounds you like, which ones you don\'t, and study the intrumentation list to see what\'s missing. Then decide what you need most. After that, you will know what you\'re looking for when you listen to the percussion demos.

I guess I answered my own question. Ryan\'s _FIRST_ percussion lib will be GPO. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Honestly....listening to the QLSO demo for the percussion I\'m not particularly impressed!

What\'s wrong with the VSL percussion? That demo is a lot more impressive to me, it has more character.

Since I don\'t have either one, I am only going by what I heard on the demos going through my Mackies 824\'s

Go Back to forum