• Register
  • Help

Topic: New composition (critics welcomed!)

New composition (critics welcomed!)

Hi all,

I\'ve posted a new composition for organ called \"Preludia in C major\", Yes, I know very original name. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I used few (free!) organ patches which I got, I think, at Worra place. The reverb used is from CoolEdit Pro.

I know I\'m very bad mixer, but please listen to the piece and tell me what you think. For example: Is it fantastic/ok/bad/terrible etc. composition? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The url is: http://www.honnun.com/mp3/preludiainc.mp3

Re: New composition (critics welcomed!)

No takers?

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Hey Falcon1, I think you did a good job on this piece of music. I like the sound of the church organ too.... (I think, I will have to pick it up at Worra\'s Place) Yes, I definitely enjoyed listening to your composition. Keep up the good work! Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very convincing sound and nice composition. I\'m no expert on organ music but you seem to know what you\'re doing!

Hey Falcon1,

Very nice composition. You ought to give Tob\'s sampled organ a go. Try running this sequence through that and see what you think. Again, good work.

I second the above opinion. You should definitely try the free G-town organ patch, which in my view sounds a lot better than even some of the commercial organ sound libraries.

I like your composition, although the repeated runs over a sustained pedal note beginning at about 01:55 sounded a little strange to me -- too much repetition perhaps.

Maybe you could also find a better reverb for this piece. I have found that NFX actually works quite well for organ. Most of the organ demos on my website (see below) were recorded with NFX.

Hey all,

thanks for all your very kind words.

I\'ve downloaded the G-town organ patch and will give it a try. And of course post the result here for comparison. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I know that the reverb (Cool Edit Pro) I used is not very good. I\'ll see if I like NFX better.

Go Back to forum